ATK Aerospace Systems is currently searching for a Tool Designer at the Clearfield, Utah location:
As a Tooling Designer for the ATK Aerospace Systems Group you will be responsible for development of the design concept and producing efficient designs that support ATK’s Aerospace requirements.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop tooling concepts and support Tool Engineers in developing drawings.
- Have a working knowledge of material strengths and engineering applications to assure compliance to requirements.
- Interface with design review teams to assure customer satisfaction with design.
- Manage multiple projects at once and create efficient designs to meet the program cost and schedule requirements.
- Have the ability and knowledge to check drawing against department standards.
- Work alongside the tool engineer to ensure overall program quality, delivery and cost objectives are achieved.
- Work with internal Customers to concept needed support equipment for new and existing programs.
- Developing tooling concepts, creating/reviewing and improving manufacturing processes to meet Customer requirements
- Work closely with Tool Engineers to create final drawings
- Understand design costs and schedules
- Review drawings and designs for manufacturability
- Support Continuous Improvement
- Familiar with machine design for high volume aircraft tooling.
- Proven experience with Machine Tool design, construction and machine tooling drawings.
- Ability to work in a tightly knit team.
- Machining experience or background a plus
- Proven experience with model based definition.
- Proven experience with model checking for accuracy and model integrity.
- Competent in CATIA V5 and TcUA 2,000+ hours each.
- 4 year BS Design and Drafting or equivalent experience preferred. 5+ years engineering related experience desired
ATK has the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in a highly dynamic national security and space environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Engineering and Sciences
less than 25%
Years of Experience:
Nearest Major Market:
Salt Lake City
Machinist, Engineer, Drafting, Manufacturing, Engineering
ATK - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Space is not the final frontier for Alliant Techsystems (ATK), as long as its aerospace/defense offerings are paving new paths. Through four...