We are a science company.
Life Technologies, a global biotechnology leader created through the merger of Invitrogen and Applied Biosystems, creates the brilliant instruments and lab essentials that enable researchers and scientists around the world solve some of the most difficult health, security, food and energy problems of the 21 st century. We believe in the power of science to transform life and the power of people to make it happen. Everyday we help shape new discoveries that improve life. If you’re ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here. We invite you to join in to stand out.
A few facts
What it’s like to work at Life Technologies
- We serve three Life Sciences markets: Research Sciences, Medical Sciences and Applied Sciences.
- We are more than 10,000 employees and contractors who are located at 86 facilities in 160 countries.
- Our portfolio includes eight marquee brands and more than 50,000 products.
- Our brands and products can be found in 90% of U.S. labs.
- Our 2011 net sales totaled $3.7 billion.
- We hold more than 4,000 patents and have received more than 600,000 citations.
- We are the top supplier of stem cell research consumables and the world’s largest supplier of human identification testing and forensic DNA analysis tools.
- You work for a company with a very a promising future.
- You work in a culture of continuous improvement—exciting and fast-paced.
- You work with great people and great minds.
- You work with people who value diversity because they know they are stronger together.
- You have the freedom define your own destiny.
Essential Functions :
- You share a common purpose with your teammates: Shaping Discovery. Improving Life.
This is a Software QA position supporting testing activities for a complex, multi-tiered, eCommerce web site, and must be able to work in a fast paced environment with other QA team members, development, project management and multiple business functions. The responsibilities of this role will include but are not limited to, QA project management, test planning, manual testing, test automation, test environment/data setup, defect logging/verification, test case creation, leveraging test tools and ensuring the quality of requirements and their relationship to test cases.
· Testing of the order processing system consisting of multiple technologies of web, ERP, CRM, middleware and database.
· Perform black-box and white-box testing, provide feedback on usability, report bugs relating to the application, verify bug fixes provided by developers, and take appropriate action based on the correctness of the bug fixes.
· Creation of detailed test cases that will be executed from HP Quality Center.
· Documenting and tracking defects though the software development life cycle.
· Perform regression testing on enterprise applications.
· Participate in the execution of testing for projects that will impact the functionality of our global enterprise applications.
· Actively participate and contribute to defining test scope, coverage, and overall strategy for projects.
· May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Experience & Skills :
- Minimum of 3-5 years of IT Software QA experience.
- BS in Computer science or equivalent.
- Experience with ERP systems (JDE Enterprise One and SAP) ,CRM systems (Siebel), and PLM systems (Agile).
- Experience in Web Technologies testing.
- Testing and experience with eCommerce systems.
- Experience in defining and implementing coding and workflow best practices.
- Experience in applying quality management best practices and implementing application lifecycle management that includes requirements management, Test planning and execution, defects tracking and reporting, test automation and results analysis.
- Test automation and tools experience (Quick Test Pro).
- Experience in implementing Dashboard and the KPI customizations for SDLC metrics reporting for the test coverage, test, release status etc.
- Experience with testing tools, primarily HP Quality Center, Load Runner, and Quick Test PRO.
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle in a waterfall, agile or iterative model.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail are essential, as is the ability to quickly learn new applications and technologies.
- Should be comfortable working with multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux, HPUX, etc…) and have a strong working knowledge of Internet browsers and Internet-related technologies. Programing experience in any of the Open source Java, C++ with good DB skills is a plus.
- Good Team player, Good written, verbal communications skills, and working in a fast paced busy environment.
- Other tools for requirements management (DOORS), and service management (Remedy).
- Experience with WCM/Day, Fast, Comergent, ColdFusion, Web sphere, Web Logic and Tomcat.
- Experience implementing a validated (21 CFR Part 11 compliance) HPQC instance.
- Experience in a Life Sciences industry.
As the world’s leader in serving science, at Thermo Fisher Scientific, our professionals develop critical solutions—and build...