Covestic is looking for a Merchandising Manager with experience driving product through e-commerce websites. This position is responsible for the overall merchandise operations for a wireless telecommunication company's e-commerce websites. This person will be charged with instituting and managing a best-in-class customer experience for shopping and researching wireless products, plans and services. This individual will collaborate with the internal Web team and cross-functionally with Marketing, IT, Operations, Legal, Supply Chain, Retail and Care to build and manage the online merchandising calendar while driving and maximizing the online business. This person will track and analyze historical data, site performance and external and internal research to prioritize and work with appropriate groups to deliver improvements to site design and customer experience, as well as support new features and functionality launches to increase revenue and support the overall online customer experience.
- Manage the online merchandising calendar by mapping out and prioritizing offers and messaging for enterprise wide and web exclusive promotions including launches, free phone line ups and all other featured placements.
- Run weekly meetings to communicate strategy to all key business owners.
- Execute appropriate messaging, and ad tile rotations for all e-commerce/e-service focused pages.
- Track, manage and report on key metrics as it relates to page visits, page views, bounce rates, click-through rates, conversions, sales, purchase path flow, and site elements including home and landing pages.
- Implement merchandising to support A/B testing, Geo-Targeting offers, special web-only offers, tracking data, reporting results and making recommendations for web enhancements to improve the online customer experience.
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups including Marketing, Legal, Sales, Retail, B2B, EIT, Operations, and Customer Care to execute successful product/service and promotional launches (both web exclusive and enterprise messages).
- Track and share Internet competitive landscape to drive recommendations.
- Create and develop comprehensive Business Requirements Documents (BRDs) and business cases that will help drive new customer acquisition strategies or improved eCommerce experience for the customer.
- Ensure maximum site availability and quality of customer experience quickly escalating issues/defects/bugs for repair.
- Web Merchandising
- Web Strategy and Analysis
- Web Content Management
- Business Case Analytics
- Digital Tools Development
- Web Design
- Creative problem solving and strong analytical skills
- 6+ Years - Internet B2C commerce responsible for site merchandising on Fortune 500-type companies
- 4+ Years - Working with online product catalogs and web content management systems
- 4+ Years - Project management, business requirement document creation, business case creation
- 4+ Years - Direct experience working in wireless industry, consumer electronics industry or technology industry
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel (pivot tables, graphing, etc), Word, Outlook, Powerpoint & Visio
- Understanding of web design/development concepts and processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with presentation comfort/skill and experience
- Experience in building business cases and business requirement documents
- Demonstrated ability in creativity and innovation developing marketing programs and promotions in an e-commerce environment