Good People. Great Medicine. is how Penn State Hershey defines their approach to health care. It means caring and experienced professionals who deliver the best health care available.
What is great about the organization:
- Founded in 1963 through a gift from The Milton S. Hershey Foundation, Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center is one of the leading teaching and research hospitals in the country.
- The Medical Center campus includes Penn State College of Medicine, Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute, and Penn State Hershey Childrens Hospital. The Medical Center campus is part of Penn State Hershey Health System, which also includes the Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute, Penn State Hershey Rehabilitation Hospital, and other specialty facilities.
- Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center received a 2011 Health Imaging & IT Top 25 Connected Healthcare Facilities award.
- Opening in February is a new state-of-the-art free standing home for pediatric medicine at Penn State Hershey Medical Center.
- As the only Level I pediatric trauma center between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, Penn State Childrens Hospital serves the most populous rural regions in the nation, with more than a million children in the referral area.
- Penn State Hershey Medical Center has been recognized amongst the best of the best by U.S. News and World Reports Best Childrens Hospitals 2011-2012 rankings.
- A total of 171 Medical Center physicians have been selected for inclusion in The Best Doctors in America for 2010-11.
- As of May 2010, the College of Medicine has granted 3,904 medical degrees and 1,019 graduate degrees.
- One in six applicants to U.S. Medical schools apply to the Penn State College of Medicine; approximately 145 medical students and approximately 50 graduate students each year earn their degrees each year.
- Annually the Medical Center admits nearly 27,000 patients, accepts more than 850,000 outpatient visits, receives nearly 60,000 patients for emergency room visits and performs approximately 26,000 surgical procedures.
- Penn State Hershey Medical Center recently received a prestigious Clinical and Translational Science Award from NIHs National Center for Research Resources. The center was one of only 60 institutions awarded this competitive grant to innovate and accelerate biomedical research.
- Endowed $105M in external research funding in the past year.
- Developing a regional medical campus in the State College area.
- Under the general direction of the Chief Information Officer and working closely with the Chief Financial Officer, the IT Director of Financial and Administrative Systems leads all Information Technology support for enterprise Financial and Business Systems including; The General Financial suite (General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Materials Management, Purchasing, Purchase Card Programs, Human Resources, Payroll, and Asset Management), Patient Access, and Revenue Management (Charge Entry, Hospital and Professional Coding, Hospital and Professional Billing and Collections).
- The director will oversee a team of approximately twenty experienced collaborative professionals. There are tremendous opportunities to make a difference through technology efficiencies.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering or a related field with an Information Technology focus.
- Seven years of broad-based, progressive experience in IT and business.
- Lawson, Siemens and Allscripts/Eclipsys experience is preferred.
- Experience at an academic health center is a plus.
- Experience managing multi-year program budgets spanning many large projects is required.
- Experience utilizing structured project methodology to manage complex enterprise projects involving significant technology and organizational change required.
- Experience developing and presenting technology and organizational tactical plans in partnership with IT and enterprise leaders required.
- Five years of people management experience.
- ICD-10 and Meaningful Use backgrounds will be valued.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Kirby Partners is a leading executive recruiting firm that specializes strictly in Executive Healthcare Information Technology. Since 1989,...