Operate P.B.X. Switchboard, handling incoming and outgoing calls or messages. Perform miscellaneous clerical or typing duties as assigned. Act as receptionist in handling salesmen, visitors, customers, and other persons entering the general office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Include the following and all other duties as may be assigned. Individuals must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Handle all incoming, outgoing or inter-departmental calls by operating the P.B.X. Switchboard in an efficient and courteous manner. Make proper connections and contacts for inter-departmental, local or long distance calls. Maintain required record of all calls or messages.
2. Keep up-to-date on current Company organization, location of personnel, their function and title. Operate public address system as required.
3. Receives visitors, maintains visitors register and issues visitor badges.
4. Performs data entry and misc. responsibilities for the Accounting and Human Resource Departments.
5. Use tact, courtesy, and judgement in capacity of receptionist. Receive pleasantly, salesmen,
customers, government representatives, visitors, and others. Determine the purpose of their visit and direct them to proper persons. Hold all matters in strict conference.
6.. Responsible for training and instruction of relief operators.
7. Knowledge of Excel. Word and other software.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Normally, a minimum of three months experience including a thorough training on P.B.X. Switchboards and a general familiarity with office procedures and paperwork. Experienced in the use of a p.c. and general data entry.
CareerBuilder - 14 months ago