Construction Inspector (Electrical)
About The Port Authority
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is a bi-state public agency operating some of the busiest and most important transportation links in the New York / New Jersey region including The Port Authority Trans Hudson Corporation (PATH), the primary transit link between Manhattan and New Jersey communities and suburban commuter railroads.
We are currently seeking a Construction Inspector who will report to the Resident Engineer. The selected candidate will be responsible for daily field audit inspections of West Bathtub tenant construction and alteration (TAA) fit-out projects for electrical trades, including assurance of contractors adherence to their safety plan; review of design and construction submittals and provide the comments; participation in the site coordination meetings and resolution of issues between stakeholders; monitoring that the A/EOR performs code required tests and inspections; review and verification of work in place for payment requisitions if needed; preparation of daily narratives and weekly report up-dates; scheduling and attendance of partial / final Inspections, coordinating the attendance with other PA Departments, issuance of non-conformance reports to the tenants team, and assistance in the project close-out for his/her projects and trades.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university;
Minimum of five (5) years experience in electrical construction work.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
Proficient in the use of various computer programs, such as AutoCAD and BIM.
- Demonstrated experience in large-scale construction management;
- Demonstrated experience in the inspection of MEP trades;
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of staff and management, including outside vendors, contractors and agencies;
- Ability to read and clearly understand design and shop drawings of all disciplines, and a thorough knowledge of applicable codes and ordinances, in particular the Building Code of the City of New York;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to interact effectively with internal staff and outside organizations;
- Skills in negotiation and conflict resolution;
- Self-motivated and experience in working in a team environment;
- Willingness to respond to emergencies and use initiative to supervise corrective actions; and
- Good working knowledge of personal computers and project management software;
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ConstructionJobs.com - 30+ days ago