Housing Works Bookstore Café, a non-profit bookstore and café in New York City, seeks a dedicated and self-motivated individual with bookstore experience for a fulltime position (40 hours per week).
Housing Works Bookstore Café sells donated books, CDs and records, new and used, all at discounted prices. Proceeds from these sales go towards support of Housing Works Inc., a non-profit service agency that provides housing, healthcare, job placement, advocacy, and more to homeless New Yorkers living with HIV and AIDS .
- Responsible for ensuring that all books entered into our online database are listed accurately with all items adhering to marketplace contracts.
- Review all inventory listings prior to uploading
- Upload all accurate listings on timely basis to maximize sales
- Track enterer inaccuracies in: price, comments/description, product’s commercial viability (i.e. not prohibited), and shelving. Report numbers weekly to Director of Retail Operations.
- Monitor and reply to Customer Feedback on all markets (Amazon, etc.).
- Train enterers on standards for judging salability and condition grading.
- Schedule and supervise Data Entry staff
- Other tasks as directed by the Director of Retail
- Database management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to create and interpret performance metrics
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Nonprofit or activism experience preferred