People. The Power within
Rolls Royce is famous for providing power on land, at sea and in the air. More importantly though is, we give power to people. We encourage their passion for progress and creative freedom in the interest of innovation.
At Rolls-Royce, we believe our achievements are only as exceptional as the talent behind them. That's why we've created a work environment fueled by new ideas, where diverse points of view share a common belief that being the best isn't good enough. And every obstacle is simply an opportunity yet to be discovered.
For more than 100 years Rolls-Royce has been a global leader in pioneering gas turbine technology for aerospace, power generation, and marine propulsion. Our name, world famous for its reputation for engineering excellence, also represents reliability, integrity, and innovation.
We have the following areas within Rolls-Royce:
Rolls-Royce North America, Rolls-Royce Corporation, Rolls-Royce Naval Marine, Rolls-Royce Commercial Marine, Rolls-Royce Energy Systems and Rolls-Royce Engine Services.
In addition to competitive pay and bonus programs,
Rolls-Royce offers comprehensive benefits including
medical, dental, vision, 401k, and tuition
reimbursement, among many others.
The Controls Engineer analyzes requirements, designs, develops, documents, and tests control and monitoring systems based on off-the-shelf embedded control processor hardware and/or other hardware components, including Human-Machine Interface (HMI) software. This position supports the development and implementation of system design strategy via tradeoff analyses and equipment designs to improve system design, reliability, manufacturability, and/or reduce manufacturing and life-cycle costs and selects control system hardware and integrate with sensors and actuators using appropriate signal conditioning elements. Develops and review control wiring diagrams including sensors, logic processors and end-actuators. Other key responsibilities for this position include:
- Prepares technical specifications and other engineering documents related to hardware and software implementation of control and monitoring systems
- Supporst engineering analyses, designs reviews, and plans/implements test programs to ensure the physical and functional requirements are met and verified. Assists in the evaluation and resolution of manufacturing, design, and integration issues.
- Supports Configuration Management and Change Control programs for components, subsystems and systems, including design documentation and data deliverables. Support product safety reviews.
- Supports equipment installation, commissioning, system qualification and testing in the factory, at subcontractors, and shipboard. Supports the development, update and maintenance of installation, commissioning, and troubleshooting procedures.
- Supports proposals for new contracts and engineering changes.
- U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident with the ability to obtain and maintain a US Secret security clearance
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or engineering discipline with 3 years experience in the design, development, test, qualification and/or certification of large industrial or marine control and monitoring systems including software development for PLCs or HMI. Preferred:
- Gas turbine engine controls experience or marine propulsion control system experience a plus
- Naval or commercial shipboard or shipyard experience a plus
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office and/or control system design and analysis tools.
- Self-motivated, confident individual with strong interpersonal, written and oral communication, and organizational skills. Ability to work independently with a strong attention to detail.
- Willingness to travel (domestically and internationally) on a scheduled and unscheduled basis.
- Comfortable working occasionally in a shipyard or shipboard environment.
Rolls-Royce North America - 3 years ago
Rolls-Royce plc is a global company providing power on land, sea, and air. The company has established leading positions in civil aerospace,...