Our 657 bed hospital is both nationally and locally recognized, including being named as one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals in the areas of cardiology, stroke, orthopaedics and breast cancer management. As a result of the continued advances in quality care, many improvements in all areas of healthcare have been made and thousands of lives have been significantly impacted. This position will play a key part in continuing our success!
The Senior Specialty Unit is a 12-bed inpatient program that houses both voluntary and involuntary adult patients.
The program focuses on the provision of the following essential services:
- Interdisciplinary Patient Assessment and Treatment Planning
- Psychiatric and Medical Management
- Nutritional counseling
- Caregiver Assessment and Counseling
- Crisis Stabilization
- Care and Management of Activities of Daily Living
- Patient and Caregiver Education
- Community Resource Referral
- Discharge Planning
- Liaison Services with Placement Facilities
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served as per Scope of Service.
- Promotes customer service initiatives.
- Utilizes nursing process for individual care to meet needs of patients.
- Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures.
- Documents all patient care.
- Participate in Performance Improvement activities.
- Interpersonal skills to successfully interact with external and internal customers.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing
- Current licensure by Tennessee Board of Nursing
- Current BLS certification (Other certifications as required per Provision of Care for area of employment).
HCA Inc - 14 months ago