Title: Pharmacy Technician II (PRN) [Weekends] Mesa, Arizona
Location: Arizona-Mesa-Mtn Vista Med Ctr
Job Number: 13008011JOB TITLE: Pharmacy Technician II, (PRN) Weekends - Health System Pharmacy - Mesa, Arizona
At Cardinal Health, we're developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
Function: Pharmacy Operations
Family: Health System Pharmacy
What Health System Pharmacy contributes to Cardinal Health
Health System Pharmacy is responsible for providing customized pharmacy program solutions that reduce costs and improve patient care quality for hospitals, health systems and other integrated healthcare providers; may also consult with and advise healthcare team on prescribed medications, supplies and related processes.
What is expected of you for success in your role
* Demonstrates working knowledge of the policies and procedures regarding procurement, storage, preparation and delivery of pharmaceuticals in hospitals and health system settings
* Processes physician orders for review by a pharmacist
* Picks and prepares medications or supplies under pharmacist review
* Restocks supplies and medications
* Delivers supplies and medications
* May procure supplies and medications following standard purchasing guidelines
* Provides feedback on the stock level and on inventory control and delivery processes
What is expected of you and others at this level in Pharmacy Operations for functional success
* Works to understand complex functional situations by paying attention to the details of the tasks at hand and by breaking them down into smaller pieces
* Proactively develops and maintains broad knowledge of the technical disciplines in own functional area(s); applies broad knowledge of trends and
* Ensures that customers have a positive experience; commits to meet or exceed customer expectations.
* Jointly develops practical implementation plans that consider cultural sensitivities with other accountable parties.
* Measures and evaluates the effectiveness of protocols, programs or deliverables; compares measurement results to standards and takes
Accountabilities in this role
* Assist Pharmacist and other Technicians with daily tasks
* IV Compounding
* Handle doctor calls, faxes and medication deliveries
* Assist with monthly unit inspections
* Perform monthly outdates
* Provide excellent customer service to customers
* Deliver medications to Pyxis machines
* High school degree or equivalent
* Previous work experience required
* Customer service skills
* Must possess Arizona State Pharmacy Technician License in good standing
Cardinal Health - 9 months ago
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a $108 billion health care services company that improves the...