Job Posting Title
District Sales Manager - DICKINSON, ND
Grainger is ranked #6 by Selling Power Magazine as one of the 50 Best Companies to Sell For. Fortune Magazine also honors Grainger as one of America’s Most Admired Companies in its industry. Capitalizing on our reputation for service excellence, brand name recognition and our famous catalog, you’ll flourish in a fast-paced environment, using Grainger’s unparalleled value proposition.
As part of a high-performing team, you’ll be able to develop your talents, and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500 company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine's Most Admired Companies list.
Capitalizing on our reputation for service excellence, brand name recognition and our famous catalog, you’ll flourish in a fast-paced environment, using Grainger’s unparalleled value proposition. The District Sales Manager will deploy strong business acumen and marketing savvy to optimize sales and profitability in your district. You will lead a team of approximately 10 to 14 Account Managers in developing long lasting partnerships with customers to supply and manage their MRO procurement.
Our sales organization has resources including an expert team who can consult with you and your customers to discuss specific product lines, professional training and development programs, and our world-class e-commerce site. Grainger provides the cutting edge technology and efficiency our customers both require and expect of us. Your mission will be to identify, inspire, and mentor a peak performance team with an estimated annual spend of $30 Million. This position reports to the Regional Sales Vice President. Demonstrate the ability to motivate and achieve results through others.
– Talent Management
- Be strategic, organized and technologically savvy in your approach to managing your district and team. You will bring high-level problem solving, quantitative analysis and strong systems applications skills (including intermediate Excel).
- Understand financial reporting and have the ability to analyze business needs, costs/budgets, and economic earnings.
- Possess excellent presentation skills, a strong customer focus, and the ability to manage change.
- Demonstrate a track record of successful internal partner relationships that result in the achievement of sales and operations objectives.
- Be committed to life long learning. An undergraduate degree or equivalent experience is preferred, but not required; MBA a plus.
- B2B sales management experience is highly desired.
- Key Competencies
– Decision Making
– Leading Change
– Strategic Orientation
– Empowering and Accountability
– Problem Solving
– Executive Presence
Grainger is an equal opportunity employer
W.W. Grainger - 20 months ago