Position Title: Laboratory Chemist
This position includes the normal job duties of an analytical chemist and support of QA/QC activities and report generation. The position is responsible for performing complete analysis of laboratory samples including sample receipt, sample analysis, instrument maintenance, QC and report writing. This position will report directly to the laboratory chemist supervisor in the R&D department.
Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Perform normal analytical duties.
- Manage several analytical stations at one time.
- Support QC and report writing activities.
- Support R&D projects.
- Have an understanding of Siemens portfolio of water treatment technologies and products.
- In the case of instrument failure, troubleshoot and repair the equipment.
- Provide input on budgeting and equipment purchases.
- Work with the Laboratory supervisor to ensure we are complying with any pertinent regulations while still maintaining the best possible productivity in the laboratory.
- Promote a team environment.
- Other duties as assigned
Candidate must have prior experience with wastewater analytical testing specific to O&G applications. General knowledge of the processes in the laboratory, knowledge of QC procedures and effective communication skills, both oral and written are required. A bachelor degree in science related field, or commensurate experience is required.
The Chemist is responsible for ensuring that all the work performed in the laboratory is completed in a timely and accurate fashion.