Technical Expert Industry Interface- Nuclear
This advanced-Level engineer headquartered at the Fermi 2 Power Plant in Newport, MI will lead and conduct complex studies/assignments including those relating to the optimization, operation, engineering, and maintenance of company assets without any direction from others. Responsibilities may include managing large-scale projects from conceptual design to development of engineering plans for plant design modifications or improvement projects. Makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative and have an important impact on extensive engineering activities. Demonstrates creativity in solving complex and diverse engineering activities.
1. Ensures program compliance with applicable regulations, codes and standards
2. Maintain awareness of industry performance issues through research, self assessment, and benchmarking, and incorporates lessons learned. Active in industry initiatives that advance area of expertise, knowledge, and applying industry advances to DTE personnel and business processes
3. Makes recommendations based on the analysis and trending of test/performance data
4. Provides expertise on the application of recognized codes and standards. Participates in the development of applicable industry standards
5. Manages contract support services including the preparation of requests for quote, bid evaluation, and contract oversight. Acts independently on technical matters and maintains liaisons with experts outside the company
6. May manage assigned programmatic areas including developing vision, budgeting, implementing strategies, and monitoring results
7. Provides consultation necessary for the development of technical bases, design information, performance data, test performance, or implementing procedures in one or more specialized areas. Fully knowledgeable regarding the engineering, testing, operation, and maintenance of equipment and systems
8. Provides technical guidance to others in the form of work direction, monitoring, or training. Provides significant contribution to engineering and DTE continual improvement efforts.
Must receive a recommended score on a behavioral assessment.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or Science.
- Fifteen (15) plus years of related experience in plant design / construction / operation or maintenance applicable Navy nuclear experience equally acceptable. Fourteen plus years with a Masters Degree or twelve (12) plus years with a Doctorate Degree. Must have knowledge of the advanced Engineering principles, theory and concepts associated with multiple job disciplines.
-Must be able to lead a project that is essentially bounded by Fermi.
- Security screening and drug testing is required for access.
- Physical capability to work in the plant i.e. climb stairs, work in hot environment, work in radiation/contamination areas.
- Competencies: Expert knowledge, Communication, Decision making, Initiative, Innovation, Teamwork, Planning, Ethics, and Leadership.
- Management of multiple tasks, issues or projects, must have demonstrated excellent performance in subject area including managing/effecting cost reductions, performance improvements, risk analysis project or subject area accountabilities, effecting overall plant and business unit performance.
About DTE Energy
DTE Energy is a Fortune 500 company based in Detroit, MI. We are a diversified energy company, involved in the development and management of energy-related businesses and services nationwide. Our operating units include Detroit Edison, an electric utility serving 2.2 million customers in Southeastern Michigan, MichCon, a natural gas utility serving 1.3 million customers in Michigan and other non-utility, energy businesses focused on coal and gas mid-stream services, power and industrial projects, unconventional gas production and energy trading. Information about DTE Energy is available at
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Nuclear Generation Operations & Maintenance
Enrico Fermi Nuclear Plant
6400 N Dixie Highway
Is this position covered under a Collective Bargaining Agreement?
Skills Testing Required
This position is a Department of Transportation (DOT) covered position and must pass DOT drug screen and is subject to random drug testing.
NERC-CIP Authorization: This position will require authorized unescorted access (cyber and/or physical) to NERC-CIP (North American Electric Reliability Corp. — Critical Infrastructure Protection Cyber Security Standards) controlled assets or documents?
CFATS Authorization: This position will require authorized unescorted access to restricted areas and/or access to critical assets of a CFATS (Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards) designated High Risk Chemical Facility?
DTE Energy - 10 months ago
Detroit's economy may be lackluster, but DTE Energy still provides a reliable spark. The holding company's main subsidiary,...