ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SUPERVISOR - SAN FRANCISCO CAMPUS
FULL-TIME (37.5 Hours/Week), NON-EXEMPT
JOB # 2119
Founded in 1907, California College of the Arts (CCA) is an independent art college with undergraduate programs in architecture, design, fine arts, visual studies, and writing. The college also has graduate programs in architecture, curatorial practice, design, design strategy, fine arts, visual and critical studies and writing. Through these programs, the college has created a dynamic and interdisciplinary environment. Diverse cultural perspectives enrich the CCA community and the college believes that continuing to expand the horizons of the students and faculty is essential to achieving its educational objectives. With campuses in Oakland and San Francisco, CCA currently enrolls 1,930 full-time students.
Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Director of Financial Services, provides the support necessary to pay the obligations of the College.
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director of Financial Services
DEPARTMENT: Business Office, San Francisco Campus
- Responsible for the direct supervision of the 2 AP processors.
- Reviews staff's data entry for accuracy and posts vouchers to the general ledger.
- Reviews budget availability, GL account coding and approval signatures for check requests, honoraria requests and expense reimbursements for appropriateness.
- Communicates with internal departments to obtain budget transfers and additional funds on blanket purchase orders.
- Oversees AP workflow and redistributes work as needed.
- Trains new staff and work study students.
- Acts as backup to the processors when necessary.
- Reconciles AP subsidiary ledger to general ledger weekly.
- Sets up new vendors and maintains W-9 filing.
- Compiles 1099 data and assists in the overall 1099 production process.
- Performs data entry of additions to fixed assets system. Coordinates with shipping and receiving to ensure proper tagging of all capital acquisitions.
- Maintains AP forms.
- Assists in the documentation of AP procedures.
- Special projects as assigned.
SALARY: Applicants are requested to state salary history and requirements; position includes a comprehensive benefits package.
- Extensive experience in accounts payable or a similar area.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Well organized, detail-oriented and capable of managing multiple tasks and priorities with minimum supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Type a minimum of 40 words per minute.
- Substantial experience with computerized accounting systems, and a proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Experience working in an educational institution or non-profit organization is a plus.
Applicants are invited to submit a letter of interest, resume and contact information for three professional references to:
California College of the Arts
Human Resources (Job #2119)
Oakland, CA 94618-1487
Fax: (510) 594-3681
Screening begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. NOTE: If you wish to be notified of the status of your application for this position, please provide a current email address on your resume or cover letter.
California College of the Arts is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from individuals who will contribute to its diversity.