The Cent ral Processing Technician is an exciting and crucial position which works in collaboration with the Operating Room medical team. A technician has the responsibility to accurately disassemble, clean, decontaminate, and disnfect surgical instruments. Central processing techs also assemble, protect, wrap , contain, peel, pack and label surgical instruments. This is a vital role to sterilize instruments and surgical trays which are distributed to a surgical suite, emergency room or intensive care unit in a timely and accurate manner. The Central Processing technician also manages inventory control and orders supplies.
This vital role ensures that our patients are not exposed to infectious diseases by keeping the environment safe. A Central Processing Technician is a part of Intermountain Healthcares overall healing commitments.
Entry Rate: $11.05, Hired as a Central Processing Technician I, II, III, or IV based on Central Processing Experience
Benefits Eligible: Yes, full-time position
Shift Details: 40 hours per week. Night position working Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 9:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
Department: Central Processing
- Basic computer knowledge
- Must be comfortable working with safe disposal of blood and body fluid
- Required to receive the Heptavax vaccination series upon hiring
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relation skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and the ability to receive and give constructive feedback
- Excellent written communication skills (in English), being concise by phone, intercom and in person
- Self-motivated, able to work independently with little or no supervision
- Able to learn concepts and apply them to his/her work; excellent memorization skills
- Able to work standing
- Must be able to bend, twist, push, and pull
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds without special equipment or assistance of others
- One year of experience as a Central Processing Tech highly preferred
- A Certified Registered CS Tech (CRCST) or willing to take and pass an accepted Central Processing Technician Training Course within 6 months
- One or more years of hospital experience
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare - 17 months ago
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...