Performs employment counseling for clients living at the St. Louis Stamping Apartments. Assists clients in overcoming social, supportive, and employment barriers for successful employment. Gives referrals and does follow-ups after employment. Performs job development. Conducts monthly employability sessions. Keeps program database current. Works with a Housing Case Manager who is also on the Farm Works team for successful housing and employment outcome.
- Provide one-on-one employment counseling.
- Based at apartments at 219 Cass Avenue
- Identify supportive/social barriers.
- Give referrals to agencies for client assistance.
- Screen clients to determine if program eligible.
- Develop client job search strategy.
- Pre-screen client’s qualifications to meet employer’s job specifications.
- Conduct career exploration to enhance marketability.
- Provide job referrals.
- Create cover letters and resumes.
- Assist clients with applications, clerical support, telephone access, fax and copy service.
- Provide business attire and transportation as available.
- Perform 1, 2, 3, 6, and 12-month follow-ups.
- Cultivate work relationships with employers.
- Assist client with securing items needed for work, i.e., ID’s, uniforms, work boots, tools, etc.
- Completes daily and monthly departmental paperwork, which includes but is not limited to daily counseling progress notes.
- Keep program computer database current and accurate.
- Update electronic files in the Client Tracking System.
- Participate in at least one agency fundraising event per year.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Prior experience in working in a team environment needed.
- Prior experience working with socially/economically disadvantaged persons preferred.
- Greatly prefer data entry and Microsoft Office experience.
SKILLS AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED:
- Excellent people skills. Must be diplomatic.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Sensitive to cultural and economic differences.
- Must be able to speak in front of others in a classroom setting.
- Ability to keep information confidential.
- Reports to the Employment Manager.
- Works with other departmental staff.
- Works with the Sr. Director of Employment Programs.
- Works with the staff in other departments at St. Patrick Center.
- Assists clients in job search.
- Assists employers with job needs.
- Networks with federal, state, and local agencies.
- Client records and reports.
- Daily/weekly bus passes.
- Supportive services money.
- Other resources as assigned.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, select "Apply for this position" at the bottom of the page. If you are a New Applicant, please fill out the Online Application form and upload a cover letter and resume. Fill in the requested fields, including a current e-mail address and a password of your choice. If you are a Returning Applicant, fill in the requested fields, including your e-mail address and your password.
For assistance, please contact Christin Hansee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Patrick Center - 13 months ago
Since 1983, St. Patrick Center has helped lead more than 123,000 homeless and impoverished men, women and their families to lives of...