Piper Enterprise Solutions is seeking a Linux Administrator for a full-time position in Morrisville, North Carolina (NC). The Linux Administrator will provide support to internal and external customers via ticketing or phone for Linux servers and subsystems. The Linux Administrator will handle day-to-day change and troubleshooting requests relating to the maintenance of Linux server infrastructure. The Linux Administrator will build and configure new Linux systems, manage and monitor system backups, and maintain monitoring and logging/statistics collection.
This is a direct hire opportunity.
Requirements and Qualifications for the Linux Administrator include the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, computer science, a related field, or related experience.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience with Microsoft Office suite; experience with Word, Excel, and Access preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. Demonstrated problem analysis and resolution skills required. Strong time management skills, including the ability to work independently and balance daily operations and projects, required.
- Experience in health care or health insurance industry is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to occasionally work early, late, or on weekends as projects demand is required.
- 2+ years’ experience administering Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 or similar (CentOS, etc.) required.
- Experience with basic version control concepts, preferably Git.
- Solid fundamental knowledge of networking: basic operation of TCP, UDP, and routing. Working knowledge of DNS, DHCP, and SMTP. Working knowledge of HTTP and HTTPs, and the Apache web server.
- Experience with JBoss preferred.
- Experience with shell scripting and knowledge of at least one scripting language commonly used for system administration (Perl, Python, and Ruby).
- Experienced with policy-based configuration management systems such as CFEngine or Puppet preferred.
- Administration in an environment with 100+ systems preferred.
- Experience with SAN devices and RAID configuration preferred.
- Working knowledge of installation tools for RHEL 5 and 6, including Kickstart, PXE, YUM, and RHN required.
- An understanding of VMWARE virtualization technologies a plus.
$70,000 – 90,000 .
Total compensation package will be determined by recent salary history and relevant work experience. A successful candidate will be offered a comprehensive benefits package including a bonus structure.
Please email ONLY qualified resumes to Annika Hugosson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: Raleigh, Morrisville, Research Triangle Park, RTP, Cary, Apex, Durham, North Carolina, NC, Perl, Python, Ruby, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, RHEL, JBoss, VMWARE, Kickstart, PXE, YUM, RHN