The Education Program Manager is a key role with substantial opportunity to positively impact the Software Solutions business by introducing and managing comprehensive training and development programming aimed at growing internal employees’ knowledge-base and technical skills through partnership across functional areas and with HR for on-boarding of associates, as well as cultivating a robust customer-facing training curriculum.
The educational content and programming should be designed to attract, retain, continuously challenge and grow associates; develop and enhance functional competencies; expand and share internal knowledge-base across geographical and business lines; service customers through relevant, in-depth and stimulating training offerings which can be directly applied in their business; and growing Gerber’s reputation as one of the most trusted software solution providers in the industry.
- Work with leadership to assess development needs, perform gap analysis, design and lead programs that build knowledge, skills and capabilities in the areas of: industry, products, technical competence, and company values.
- Design and develop innovative and highly effective training programs and processes to improve the depth of the company knowledge base, and tacit knowledge transfer.
- Partner with Professional Services, Support, Account Management, Software Development, Sales, and Product Management to identify education and training needs and to develop and implement a curriculum in each area to include internal Gerber associate training as well as customer based ‘train the trainer’, end-user and ongoing training
- Partner with HR to identify education and training needs for new employees and develop and implement a curriculum for on-boarding.
- White board and develop a framework for the education curriculum, delivery method(s) and appropriate coordination points with the business, employing industry best practices and available resources
- Identify potential risks and bottlenecks, and pro-actively plan alternative approaches to mitigate those risks.
- Develop and document curriculum, incorporating various training mediums (i.e. hands-on training, e-training, seminars and blended approaches), learning materials and handouts, practice and testing materials, and more, to accommodate many different learning styles.
- Project and monitor revenue generating opportunities involving hands-on training, e-training, seminars and blended approaches for traditional Gerber clients, apparel industry students and continuing education for professionals within the apparel, retail, footwear and sewn goods industry.
- Manage the Education Program schedule of courses and training, organize all logistics and administrative functions, and maintain records.
- Responsible for staying abreast of current market trends on education and training, and employing new methods as appropriate at Gerber.
- Assist with finding off-site resources for training as necessary (i.e. technical training such as Microsoft SQL).
- Evaluate training for effectiveness and make continuous improvements to curriculum and delivery. Routinely measure the effectiveness of training and development solutions and make adjustments as necessary.
- Oversee the learning and development budget to ensure cost-efficiency and productivity of learning development resources.
- Support management objectives and KPI’s with training and awareness as needed, to support employee development and ability to meet performance metrics
- Develop communication to raise awareness of education programs and resources within existing
Gerber Scientific, Inc. is an EEO Employer
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communication, Fashion Design/Merchandising, or other relevant field required; experience in lieu of education may be considered.
- 5+ years of progressive education/training experience in the apparel, retail, footwear, or sewn-goods industry.
- Certifications in education/training preferred.
- Relevant experience must include: curriculum design; program administration; training methodology; setting training objectives and designing coursework in support of these; designing training to transfer tacit company knowledge.
- Ability to operate independently using solid decision making skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills that are audience appropriate applying the style and delivery necessary to impact the audience.
- Strong organizational, analytical and project management skills combined with technical aptitude
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels in the organization.
- Adaptable to shifting priorities and changes in direction.
- Exhibits a can-do attitude with excitement and passion about work.
- Demonstrate thought leadership and apply outside perspectives to solve business problems.
- Adept business acumen; ability to understand, articulate, and apply business concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to follow defined processes and procedures to achieve results.
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership.
- Travel as required.
Gerber Scientific - 16 months ago