Position is to cover nights, weekends and Holidays.
Under the direction of the Physician Supervisor, apply and modify the principles, methods and techniques of medicine to provide comprehensive occupational medical services. Diagnose and treat a variety of diseases and injuries. Provide leadership, direction and coordination of all clinical activities involving professional medical judgement. Work closely with Administrator to ensure comprehensive delivery of services and quality patient care. Cooperate with management in the direction of all center activities to ensure accomplishment of all center objectives. Evaluate medical procedures and everyday situations and suggest ways to improve delivery of service and profitability. Participate in center growth plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Provide medical treatment of work-related illnesses and injuries. Services must be limited to: services within the training or experience of the physician assistant, services customary to the practice of the supervising physician, services delegated by the supervising physician
- Chart all patient transactions in accordance with company policies and procedures. Write orders and record progress notes which will be reviewed and countersigned by the supervising physician.
- Communicate and work with medical staff to ensure coordinated efforts for the provision of high quality medical treatment and client service.
- Assist management in identifying, analyzing and resolving work problems.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing clinical methods and procedures and suggest improvements.
- Assist clinical staff in understanding and complying with policies and procedures.
- Comply with company policies regarding ethical, legal and professional issues.
- Comply with applicable regulations and with Corporate policies and procedures.
- Maintain quality assurance for all medical issues and assist in the solution of any medical problems.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Communicate staff suggestions and/or complaints to Medical Director.
- Support efforts of administrative and marketing personnel in securing new and maintaining current business as required.
- Participate in professional development activities and maintain professional affiliations.
- Knowledge of professional medical practices related to treatment of work-related illness and injuries.
- Knowledge of organizational and medical policies, regulations and procedures.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe medical environment.
- Skill in developing and maintaining records, writing reports, and responding to correspondence.
- Skill in developing and maintaining medical quality assurance and quality control standards.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the general public.
- Ability to react calmly, objectively and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to communicate clearly with patients, staff and clients.
- Good telephone manners and etiquette.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Excellent people skills. Ability to motivate and work effectively with others.
Graduation from an accredited PA program.
Previous experience in Occupational, Emergency, Ortho, Internal Medicine or General Practice preferred.
National Commission on Certification of Physician’s Assistants; current state PA license.
Based in Valencia, California, U.S. HealthWorks Medical Group was founded in 1995. With over 200 locations in 20 states, and more than 4,000...