Foreign Trade Manager, Warehouse Operations-1202118
BASF is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position will oversee the warehouse operations and resources, including the development and coordination of the necessary trainings and procedures that allow the operation of the warehouse, in compliance with all regulations.
- Ship different Finished Goods, Bulks, Intermediate Products, product samples and other materials to different BASF subsidiaries and/or affiliates, in compliance with the different Corporate and Governmental Regulations (such as Customs, FIFRA, DOT, IATA, IMDG and Dangerous Goods regulations and others) and International Regulations (ICAO, etc.).
- Shipping and Receiving areas as well as all the Transportation area, including Export & Import shipments.
- Coordinate the US Customs import entries in conjunction with the US Customs Broker, and act as the plant liaison with US Customs.
- Prepare Departmental Budget.
- Responsible for the verification, tracking and coding the transportation & demurrage invoices to be sent for payment approval.
- Responsible for the generation of the technical purchase orders for the Department in the SAP system.
- Shipping of packages of Dangerous Goods and FIFRA materials.
- Negotiate ocean international and all air transportation rates with carriers, in addition to assisting the Corporate Transportation Team during any bidding process.
- Liaison between the plant, the BASF Corporate Foreign Trade Team and US Customs.
- Assure all import documents and processes are in compliance with the BASF Corporate and US Customs regulations.
- Support the Global Transportation Team during the yearly bid negotiations.
- Represent the site as Hazmat Coordinator to assure compliance with Corporate and Federal Regulations.
- Provide technical support to the areas in the packaging preparation for such materials, to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Ensure coordination of the warehouse space to meet all EHS, cross-contamination and MC requirements for the materials stored.
- Responsible for the coordination of the loading/unloading operations of raw materials, packaging components, in-process materials, such as Reworks and Bulks, and the different Finished Goods Products manufactured in Manati.
- Responsible for the availability of necessary tools and equipment to support the operations.
- Responsible for the Receiving area for packaging components, Raw Materials, Technical Materials, Intermediates, Manufacturing Supplies and miscellaneous supplies.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- BA or BS, and ten years of experience in a similar position.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Access, MS Project), SAP, WMS, Bar Code System, others.
- Experience in Importing & Exporting, domestically and internationally.
- Certification and/or Training in DOT, IATA, IMDG, 49CFR, Imports and Exports, Dangerous Goods.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Certification and/or Training in FIFRA, Other Transportation Certifications.
Primary Location: United States-Puerto Rico-Manati
Function: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: APN-Agricultural Products Division
BASF - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
BASF is the world’s leading chemical company – The Chemical Company.
With about 112,000 employees, six Verbund sites and close...