The Business Analyst supports the successful implementation of strategic programs and projects by evaluating product innovation business cases, conducting feasibility studies, assessing schedule and scope, evaluating budget and vendor needs, performing requirements engineering and analysis, developing and managing test cases and conducting risk assessments.
- ( Participates under the direction of the Project Manager or Senior Business Analyst to support the implementation of enterprise level projects from final business case development through implementation and closure
- Works as liaison between project business sponsor(s) /stakeholders and the technology /operations teams and represents the business needs to the project
- Translates business vision and objectives into such project needs as technical requirements, scope definition, process maps, gap analyses and test cases.
- Ensures technical designs meet product objectives through analysis and implementation of successful test program
- Throughout project provides issue management, risk assessments, risk mitigation plans, cost analysis, and scope and change management evaluations.
- Identifies needs for technical vendors and supports vendor selection and management
- Maintains expertise in PULSE systems, tools, and processes.
- Understands both business expectations and technology capabilities
- Ensures compliance with company processes and policies.
- Communicates recommendations, and resolutions to senior management team and all stakeholders
- Enhances department and organizational reputation by demonstrating superior leadership skills and behaviors, and accomplishing projects in a highly successful manner.
- Maintains working knowledge of payments industry and trends
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Natural leader
- Critical thinker and skilled problem solver
- Fluency in multiple business and technical disciplines
- Conflict management and resolution
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Excellent analytical skills
- Natural curiosity and interest in research and analysis
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in technology, science or business
- 5 years relevant work experience
- Proven knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of Business Analysis. Formal training and certifications is a major asset
- Proven experience the various techniques to analyze, develop and communicate requirements
- Experience with process modeling
- Experience in a variety of business disciplines
- Demonstrated leadership and experience working with interdepartmental project resources
MicroSoft Office Products
Lean Six Sigma experience is a plus
Seems cardholders aren't the only ones getting paid to discover. Discover Financial Services is best known for issuing Discover-brand credit...