POSITION TITLE: Camp Nurse, Wyman Teen Leadership Program |
REPORTS TO: Director, Wyman Teen Leadership Program
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: The Camp Nurse is responsible for the overall wellbeing of campers and staff during summer camp.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
1. Coordinate and conduct health screenings with all campers on the first day of camp. Collect, log and check in camper medications, and ensure a health history form is received for all campers.
2. Provide routine and emergency care for campers and staff in accordance with American Camp Association health plan.
3. Coordinate care of campers and staff as appropriate with Camp Director and Physician on call.
4. Communicate camper health care concerns, issues, and updates with camper parents/guardians as appropriate and necessary.
5. Keep, update and maintain medical log of all treatments and medications administered to campers and staff.
6. Ensure all records, files, information, and processes remain in compliance with HIPAA confidentiality protection standards.
7. Provide necessary training to campers and staff about good health and safety practices in the camp environment.
8. Maintain and restock Health Lodge supplies.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Education: High School diploma and current Licensure in the State of Missouri as an RN, LPN, paramedic, EMT, or Physician ’s Assistant. RN licensing is preferred.
Experience: Minimum 2 years experience working in the direct healthcare service environment; experience working with youth is preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to educate formally and informally
• Enjoys being with and working with youth and people
• Able to relate to others in an open, honest and positive manner
• Open to personal growth and willing to help others grow
• Ability to live onsite for long-term positions, or stay onsite for a minimum of 12 hours for short-term positions.
Current Licensure in the State of Missouri as an RN, LPN, paramedic, EMT, or Physician ’s Assistant. RN licensing is preferred.
Physical/Visual Activities or Demands:
Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 35 lbs for a distance of at least 100 yards.
Ability to audibly and visually supervise youth in the camp environment.
Ability to hike/walk to programs areas over hilly and/or uneven terrain.
Works within the offices, grounds and buildings at Kiwanis Camp Wyman. Subject to summer heat/outdoor environment as well as air-conditioned, indoor environment.