Bloom Energy, a fuel cell company and one of Silicon Valley’s most promising startups, is looking for a Material Planning Manager to join its world class team. This position is responsible for setting up the logistics and transportation network at the Delaware operations for Bloom Energy. Encompassing a wide range of programs and services in support of Materials Management activities at Delaware, the Freight Manager provides leadership and freight solutions to the Bloom sites and our Delaware supply chain. As a critical element of a synchronized supply chain, transportation and logistics must be focused on providing optimized in-transit inventory control at the lowest total landed cost.
Location: This position will spend up to 8 weeks after date of hire in Sunnyvale, CA for orientation and locate permanently to Delaware upon completion of orientation.
Role and Responsibilities
· Design and deploy transportation and logistics lanes after a complete evaluation of material flow and operational requirements and gathering direction from business leadership at Delaware
· Direct all inbound and outbound freight traffic for the Delware site across all applicable freight modes (rail/ocean/air).
· Develop, document, implement and improve freight and logistics processes and procedures
· Perform/coordinate freight spend analysis and make recommendations to mgt for improvements and cost savings. Track transportation savings, ensuring attainment of all productivity and cost out objectives.
· Ensure effective and efficient operation and improvement of policies and practices
· Develop and maintain peer relationships in order to achieve Bloom Energy objectives and customer expectations.
· Interact with management and employees on matters pertaining to the shipment and delivery of related items.
· Train operational customers (internal & external) on transportation and logistics processes and initiatives to increase awareness and compliance.
· Coordinate logistics activities with Bloom Energy carriers to ensure timely and complete delivery and receipt of materials
Skills and Experience:
· BS/BA Degree in Supply Chain / Logistics / Business / MBA a plus
· 5+ years of relevant experience in logistics
· Oracle ERP experience preferred
· Experience in international freight management (customs regimes, import/export, tax, contractual implications) beneficial
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Intimate knowledge of industry best practices (warehousing/logistics/transportation).
· Team-oriented, with proven ability to work cross-functionally
· Ability to make decisions quickly
· Good analytical skills
· Excellent PC/application skills MS Excel, MS Outlook, Power Point, Visio, etc.
About Bloom Energy:
Bloom Energy will make clean, reliable energy affordable for everyone in the world. Our technology, first developed for NASA's Mars Program, will dramatically change the way that the world’s energy is produced, distributed and consumed. Bloom’s unique on-site power generation systems are among the most efficient on the planet, providing significantly reduced operating costs and producing dramatically lower greenhouse gas emissions. Pioneering a new class of stationary fuel cells, Bloom is not just creating a new product or company; it is driving a whole new industry.
As one of Silicon Valley’s most promising startups, Bloom was the first clean energy technology investment for Kleiner Perkins and NEA, two of Silicon Valley’s most revered venture capital firms. The company has assembled a super-star board, experienced management team, and top-notch technical staff. Bloom Energy is growing quickly and is looking to add to its dynamic team.
The Bloom Energy Manufacturing Center of Delaware will bring 21 st century American manufacturing and innovation to life, and is looking for highly motivated and qualified people to join this exciting team. The high tech facility will combine world class manufacturing practices, and the Bloom culture of manufacturing excellenc e fueled by a continuous improvement mindset that will involve everyone’s input and commitment.
Bloom is dedicated to creating an environment enriched with training programs to promote continuous improvement, job specific education, and leadership development for all levels of the organization. Our goal is to create a supportive leadership environment, and collaborative atmosphere that provides employees the tools, guidance, and support they need to thrive.
We are looking for individuals who want to build great products, help define the next generation of manufacturing, and possess the skills, drive, and attitude to help Bloom Energy accomplish the mission of delivering clean, reliable, affordable energy to everyone in the world.
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.