Position Title: Customer Service Rep
Department / Location: Retail Banking
Supervisor: Branch Manager
Career Path: This job is a mid level of the Retail Branch Career Path.
Function in various job capacities as needed (teller, platform), providing customers with exceptional service thru counter based transactions and/or basic platform requests. Identify cross-sell opportunities and refer customers to appropriate sales team members. Meet/exceed individual sales/service goals, and demonstrate operational excellence.
Leadership & Self Development
Sales & Service
- Work with supervisor to establish individual development goals.
- Meet/exceed individual development goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate ability to support teamwork and a positive working environment in order to achieve team goals.
- Participate in team-training sessions consistent with Webster’s Sales & Service process.
Operations & Compliance
- Support platform staff by opening new accounts and handling basic transactions.
- Consistently meet/exceed all sales goals and customer service standards.
- Model behavior consistent with the Webster Sales and Service Process.
- Promote alternative delivery of services and other marketing initiatives as required.
- Proactively profile customer needs and match our products’ features & benefits to those needs.
- Take ownership of the customer experience.
- Participate in branch/market team meetings and sales events as scheduled.
- Utilize internal business partners to strengthen existing customer relationships and target new prospects.
- Actively retain customers: inquire about large withdrawals and customer dissatisfaction.
- Process customer transactions and respond to product and service inquiries in a responsible, timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain Compliance standards by ensuring timely completion of CTR’s, STM’s and MIR’s.
- Perform branch operations as determined by policy and procedure. Perform branch settlement, service and settlement of ATM, order supplies and mail processing and completion of the daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly checklists as assigned.
- Comply with Federal and State regulations as well as Webster Bank policies and procedures. Support the meeting/exceeding of branch evaluation requirements.
- Assist with the compliance of all aspects of the Leadership Scorecard.
Other duties as required.
- Contribute to expense management by preventing cash overages, shortages and fraud.
- Assist in timely completion of branch Batching to comply with established courier schedule.
- Ensure the prevention of fraudulent activities through adherence to bank policies and procedures.
- Utilize branch exception tools to contribute to the management of income and expense.
- High School / GED required.
C) Job Skills / Knowledge:
- 1-2 years customer service experience.
- 1-year experience as a Teller , or equivalent banking experience is preferred but not required.
D) Licenses / Certifications
- Strong customer service skills.
- Knowledge of sales and relationship building skills
- Working knowledge of computer and processing skills (E-Mail, Intranet, Internet).
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to learn all software systems that support branch transaction processing.
- Ability to obtain awareness of small business, other investment products, mortgages, and lending services.
- Ability to work with a diverse work force and customer base.
- Strong commitment to achieving personal growth and success.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to understand Webster and Retail Banking mission goals and strategies and roles of key business partners.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Typical office environment / working conditions
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- May require working in a standing position for continuos periods of time
Webster Bank - 2 years ago
Webster Financial Corporation is the holding company for Webster Bank, N.A. With $20 billion in assets, Webster provides business and...