FireHost, Inc., a secure, fast-paced, growth-oriented web hosting company, has opportunities for talented and highly motivated individuals to interface with a wide array of enterprise-grade hardware and software, as well as a dynamic, service-provider infrastructure. The systems engineer role will be responsible for designing, documenting, implementing, supporting and keeping secure systems architecture up to date.
Ideal candidates for this position will possess exceptionally high skills in infrastructure architecture for the web hosting industry and virtualization in a service-provider model.
- Competitive Salary
- Casual Work Environment
- FireHost pays 100% of insurance premiums for employeeʼs medical and dental coverage
- Roth and traditional 401K match, up to 6%
- 160 hours paid vacation per year
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Setup/configure corporate and client server(s) in accordance with provisioning orders and/or support requests
- Setup/manage server/desktop virtualization infrastructure
- Continually identify efficiencies for systems, processes and procedures
- Write documentation
- Resolve technical and logical support inquiries via phone, chat, and tickets
- Perform other various duties as assigned
- Highly skilled and/or educated in the area of Information Technology
- Able to handle private and confidential information with physical and ethical care
- Able to promptly respond to inquiries via email, telephone, and other electronic communications
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and resolve multiple inquiries at once or in order of priority
- Able to troubleshoot complex hardware and software issues
- Able to work overnight as needed
- Able to be on-call
- VMware ESX/ESXi 4.x, 5.x (vSphere, vCenter, vCloud Director) installation, configuration, administration, and troubleshooting
- Windows Server 2003/2008 installation, administration, and troubleshooting
- Linux Server (Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat) installation, administration, and troubleshooting * Exchange administration
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general equivalence degree (GED) (required)
- Minimum three years performing network administration tasks in a service provider environment (required)
- Minimum three years working in web hosting (preferred)
- Associates Degree or Bachelors Degree (preferred)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please see www.FireHost.com/company/careers for more details and a complete listing of our open positions.
Indeed - 19 months ago