NT Concepts is seeking an IT Services Program
Manager to support one of our Washington, DC based Federal Government clients. The
role of the IT Services Program Manager is to provide onsite guidance to the OCIO,
OCIO Program Management Office, Deputy OCIO; budget, monitor and report project
performance; and supervise contract staff in support of SharePoint Development,
custom .NET development, and business objects.
The IT Services Program Manager will be tasked with supporting the following:
This will be accomplished by:
- Manage IT Programs & Projects (Enterprise Architecture, Portfolio Management, SharePoint, .NET Development, Business Objects, and Software & Application Management )
- Quality Assurance and Configuration Management
- Data Quality, Data Standardization, Service-Oriented Architecture, Shared Services, Cloud Based Computing.
- The delivery of streamlined, flexible, and robust IT Solutions that maximize performance of the organization.
- Adhering to the format and technologies specified by the Administration, Office of the Chief Information Officer and Enterprise Architecture Division (OCIO, EAD) for responding to information provided regarding enterprise-level EA activities.
- Ensuring compliance with legal, external oversight and internal control requirements.
- Establishing standard industry best practices across the program.
- Proper monitoring and control of the project activities.
- Position may require up to 25% travel.
- This position requires a minimum of ten (10) years relevant experience managing complex programs and managing a large IT portfolio of projects are required.
- Position requires PMI certified Project Management Professional
- Experience with CMMI level 3 or large complex IT Programs (Prefer experience in the implementation CMMI standards with government clients)
- Excellent Written and Verbal communication skills (will be a primary customer interface)
- Position requires strong attention to detail to ensure products adhere to strict accuracy and quality specifications;
- Ability to work with minimal supervison / guidance, prioritize work, and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal skills and manage client relationships necessary (will be a primary customer interface).
We're only as good as the people who work here. That's why it's so important to us to foster an atmosphere that combines both hard work and play. We also strive to provide the tools and training to support continuing professional development- Like on- and off-site training and mentoring programs and outstanding Medical/Dental/Life Benefits.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.