Ciber is seeking a Windows System Administrator in Kansas City, MO.
- Establishes Web system by planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of server hardware, software, operating system, and application management systems.
- Maintains Web environment by deploying sites and site updates; monitoring site availability, enforces system and operational policies and procedures.
- Ensures Web system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning, troubleshooting system hardware, software, and web applications.
- Secures Web system by implementing system access controls; testing disaster recovery policies; ensures proper backup procedures are in place and functioning; maintaining documentation.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly; self-motivated; dependable; client facing at times; handle pressure situations; prioritize effectively while multi-tasking.
- Update job knowledge ongoing by tracking emerging Internet technologies through participating in training opportunities (formal and informal) and professional networks, reading professional publications, etc.
- Accept ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explore opportunities to add value.
- Mastery level knowledge of common web server platforms and components including but not limited to:
- Must have recent experience with IIS 7 and Windows 2008
- Web and Application Servers: Apache, IIS, Tomcat (WebLogic, WebSphere, JBOSS)
- Windows Server and Enterprise Linux Operating Systems (RedHat, SUSE, Ubuntu)
- Scripting languages: Powershell, Bash, Perl, etc.
- Familiarity with Web Development Life Cycle, Source Control Systems, Continuous Integration, Change Management and Task Tracking tools: Examples: TFS, SubVersion, Jenkins/Hudson, TestTrackPro, Redmine, Jira
Ciber is a global IT consulting company with 7,000 consultants in North America, Europe and Asia/Pacific, and approximately $1 billion in annual revenue. Client focused and results driven, Ciber partners with organizations to develop technology strategies and solutions that deliver tangible business value. Founded in 1974, the company trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CBR). For more information, visit
Just as we have built our business on the success of our clients, our continued company growth and achievements are built on the success of our team members. At Ciber we believe our employees are our most valuable asset. Upon contact, a Ciber Recruiter will discuss our benefits package in more detail as it pertains to your individual needs. Some highlights of our full benefits package include: paid time off, paid holidays, retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase plan, medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, and tuition reimbursement. Ciber, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ciber is a global IT consulting company with some 6,500 employees in North America, Europe and Asia/Pacific, and approaching $1 billion in...