Responsible for all operations of the pharmacy. Establish facility pharmacy policy and procedures ensuring compliance with State, Federal Law and Corporate Policies. Performs all necessary pharmaceutical work for a facility: filling, profiling and dispensing medication orders, ordering pharmaceuticals, planning coordination and execution of Pharmacy operations and programs including supervising pharmacy staff. Requires alternating after hour call.
- Thorough knowledge of IV and chemotherapy preparation.
- Accountable for maintaining an accurate perpetual inventory of controlled medications.
- Dispenses drugs, chemicals and pharmaceutical supplies.
- Assists staff in filling/checking, labeling, drugs and pharmaceutical supplies dispensed.
- Monitors controlled substance use.
- Works in conjunction with P&T to approve and maintain a facility formulary and emergency drugs.
- Provides pharmaceutical information to physicians, nurses and patients as necessary.
- Performs computer order entry.
- Maintains patient profiles and charges.
- Prepares and submits reports to Corporate Office as required and participates in P&T and other required facility committees.
- Performs other job-related duties assigned by supervisor.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Familiarity with automated dispensing cabinets. Ability to plan and organize work assignments and projects. Ability to interact with all levels of staff. Excellent verbal and written skills required. Ability to work independently and make sound judgements.
- Minimum two(2) years experience as a hospital pharmacist. Graduate Degree in Pharmacy Administration or Clinical Pharmacy is required.
- Graduate from an accredited School of Pharmacy.
- Hospital experience required with knowledge of IV and chemo preparation. < 797> and thorough knowledge of TJC Standards.
- Must possess a current valid South Carolina Pharmacist License.
- Must have the capacity to serve as a Pharmacist-In-Charge for a Class C Institutional License.
The GEO Group, Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job
The GEO Group, Inc. (GEO) is the world's leading provider of correctional, detention, and community reentry services with 106 facilities,...