The Admissions Manager is responsible for customer service and admissions activities related to the communication, processing, selection, and retention of all prospective City Year Baton Rouge and City Year New Orleans corps member candidates and confirmed corps members. Serving as the primary point of contact regarding interest in serving with City Year Baton Rouge/New Orleans, the Admissions Manager is well informed about the different elements of our service, able to assist applicants through the admissions process, effective in evaluating a candidate’s potential and capable of maintaining and building relationships with stakeholders and organizations that champion our program. The Admissions Manager reports directly to the Recruitment Director as a member of the Recruitment Team.
- Serve as Customer Service Point - Manage communication directly sent to the Recruitment Department, generate correspondence with applicants, fulfill requests for information, and assist applicants through the online application process.
- Manage Customer Service Plan - In conjunction with the Recruitment Director and Recruitment Team, continuously evaluate and improve customer service plan for team to follow in order to reach or exceed completed application and confirmed corps member goals, including generating and revising communication with applicants.
- Manage Applicant Screening, Interview and Selection Process - Coordinate application screening and interview scheduling and conduct applicant interviews. Help manage applicant paperwork in preparation for selection committee meetings and other administrative functions.
- Maintain Applicant Database - Ensure that Recruitment Management System is accurate, up to date, and captures all information regarding applicant communication, applicant status and outreach events.
- Meet and Exceed Recruitment Goals - Monitor, meet, and exceed independent professional goals and department goals set for generating applications and confirming applicants to the corps.
- Manage Confirmed Corps Member Retention - Develop retention plan for, maintain contact with, and support confirmed corps members in preparation for their year of service.
- Execute Recruitment Strategy - As a member of the recruitment team, participate in the development and implementation of the overall recruitment strategy for City Year Baton Rouge/New Orleans.
- Support Registration Process - Assist in preparing for and overseeing corps member onboarding process.
- Support Site Operations - Support the management of site space, utilities, and equipment and manage uniform process.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; customer service, sales, and admissions background a plus.
- Aware of importance of outreach, relationships, and partnerships in advancing organizational mission and recognizes opportunities for collaboration.
- Able to link organizational mission to individual work, and supports development and implementation of departmental or program strategy.
- Holds self accountable to individual and team performance goals, sets high expectations for self and others, works with and supports others (doing and modeling) to mobilize and motivate and connects tasks to organizational mission to communicate effectively internally and externally.
- Recognizes and appreciates the diversity of talent and leadership styles on a team, develops diverse talent through performance plans, reviews and leadership opportunities and aids acquisition and retention of talent.
- Conveys thoughts and ideas clearly, listens well, communicates in a solution-oriented manner and listens and incorporates others views into work.
- Understands and models importance of presenting a positive and professional image of organization at all times.
- Links problems & symptoms to identify issues, links decisions to potential consequences, knows when to seek guidance and gets diverse input for decisions.
- Thrives in diverse, youthful, high energy, entrepreneurial environment.
- Commitment to community service, national service and/or the development of young people as leaders. Experience or familiarity with AmeriCorps a plus.
Competitive salary and benefits.
Great benefits include healthcare, insurance, vacation, holidays, 401K, FSA, and more.
Qualified applicants should forward cover letter, resume and references by May 21, 2012 to:
Lynn Austin, Recruitment Director, at email@example.com
Subject: Admissions Manager
City Year, Inc. - 13 months ago
City Year is an education-focused, nonprofit organization that partners with public schools to help keep students in school and on track to...