You’ll Find It With Us!
Airgas USA, LLC is the nation’s largest distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases, welding supplies and related safety products. It is also the largest manufacturer of nitrous oxide in the U.S., and a leading supplier of dry ice. With nearly 1,100 locations and approximately 14,000 employees nationwide Airgas is uniquely positioned to serve our diversified customer base.
The West Region of Airgas USA, LLC, (responsible for Southern California/Southern Nevada/Arizona/Hawaii) is seeking an entry level Warehouse associate at our Kahului, HI facility. This position will report directly to the Branch Manager.
The Warehouse associate will receive, log, store, and distribute materials, tools, equipment, and products between vendors, resellers, and end users. Move and place materials or items on racks, shelves, or in designated areas by hand, handtruck, dolly and/or forklift. Sort items by size, type, style, color, or product code. Stock and select items for distribution to company locations or customer sites. Account for incoming and outgoing stock through established procedures. Use computer to maintain and update status on orders, backorders, fills, and inventory. Pack and repare parcels for mailing or third party shipping. Will stock and track inventory.
This position may also back-up and support the retail branch and counter sales by providing top-notch assistance to customers in selecting the proper gases/tools to complete their project(s) and process the transaction.
• Receive hardgoods orders, including paint, welding equipment and other supplies, ensuring that packing lists agree with incoming inventory, and that goods arrive in serviceable condition unless otherwise noted.
• Inventory incoming shipments from UPS/FedEx, and other freight carriers, and ensure that inventory is stored in proper location, or shipped out, as applicable.
• Sort items by size, type, model, style, color, or product code as established by facility.
• Coordinate with Purchasing Department regarding product shortages and outages.
• Package hardgoods orders, including paint, welding equipment and other supplies for safe, timely and protected shipment to other company locations.
• Load and unload incoming and outgoing freight.
• Accurately complete all daily, weekly, monthly paperwork on a timely basis.
• Restock store merchandise and maintain current pricing on all store displays and products.
• Maintain a high level of customer service by assisting customers with will-call, counter, and telephone sales.
• Exchange customers' cylinders.
• Fill and prepare store orders and customers/will call order by tagging for shipment via intra/inter-company transport.
• Analyze and expedite customer orders in a timely manner.
• Meet customer needs by recommending appropriate products/services.
• Enter sales data, quotes, or other information into computer.
• Notify customers of orders ready for pick-up.
• Operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
• Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed; attends required monthly safety meetings.
• Maintain valid forklift certification.
• Maintain neat, clean and orderly warehouse and store appearance.
• Conduct annual inventory accurately and timely.
• Breakdown boxes and pallets as necessary.
• Adhere to all company policies and safety procedures and guidelines.
• Work designated or voluntary overtime as required (including weekends).
• Ensure proper and full time use of PPE.
• Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
Other duties as required: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents are expected to follow any other reasonable instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor. Performance of this job in a safe manner and in keeping with established Airgas policies is a condition of employment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma, or equivalent. College degree preferred.
• Minimum two (2) years of work related experience in a retail sales and/or warehouse/inventory/stocking environment.
• Knowledge of welding, industrial gases, and safety equipment a plus.
• Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and be detailed-oriented with good organizational skills.
• Basic knowledge of computer/data entry and Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
• SAP experience preferred.
• Must have good math skills; ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages; ability to handle cash transactions accurately.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures or governmental regulations and safety instructions (MSDS).
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with internal and external customers.
• Must be customer service oriented and able to interact with the public and vendors in a professional manner.
• Valid forklift certification preferred.
• Must be able to work outdoors in inclement weather conditions/temperatures.
• Team player attitude with ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
• Bilingual Spanish/English a plus.
• No relocation assistance offered.
• Pre-employment and random drug testing and background screen applies.
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the aforementioned knowledge, abilities, and skills may be considered at the company’s discretion.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The USES category for this position is heavy. While performing the duties of this job the associate is regularly required to stand, sit, kneel, squat, and walk, as well as talk and hear. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25-50 lbs. and move 50-125+ lbs with the aid of material handling equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. Requires manual dexterity to use hand tools and related equipment and repetitive motion required when moving cylinders.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is occasionally exposed to moving delivery vehicles, forklifts, compressors and machine parts. This position requires spending the majority of the time outdoors the plant area loading/unloading product from vehicle, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions with temperatures up to 100+ F degrees. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
Airgas offers a competitive compensation and benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance, 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase plan, profit-sharing, and more).
We know it takes time and energy to submit an application. While we sincerely appreciate your interest in career opportunities with Airgas, due to the high volume of applications received we are unable to reach out to every applicant individually. If we think you might be a match for this position our recruiting team will reach out to you directly.
Airgas is an equal opportunity employer EOE/M/F/V/D.
NO PHONE CALLS.
Airgas, Inc. (NYSE: ARG), through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation’s leading suppliers of industrial, medical and specialty...