Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Requires General knowledge of diesel or gas engines, electrical, electronic, hydraulic, mechanical, pneumatic systems and components.
- Complete assigned jobs and task to meet flat rate times and re-do metric.
- Work safely and follow all WCAT safety policies and procedures.
- Complete related paperwork and access databases required to complete job (work order, parts order, JSA, DBS, SIMS, SIS web, STW) accurately and timely.
- Follow contamination control and HAZMAT rules and regulations
- Remove and install parts, disassemble and assemble components, and test and adjust assemblies with minimal supervision
- General knowledge of basic hand tools, air tools, precision measuring tools and instruments, lap tops, diagnostic software and cranes and rigging equipment
- This position requires the ability to provide accurate quotes and pricing estimates to the customer.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Education and/or Experience
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Planning/Organizing - Priorities and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
- Safety - Observes safety procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position requires the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, area, circumference, and volume as required.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and the ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Internet software; Manufacturing software and Order processing systems.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Other Skills and Abilities
- Clean driving record and CDL or ability to obtain the CDL within 60 days of employment.
- Must be at least 21 to be assigned and operate field vehicle
- Successfully complete Work steps assessment
- Will be certified prior to operating a forklift and/or manlift
- May be required to complete DOT physical
- May require MSHA certification
Complete all level I web based training. Normally, we would expect an employee to be at this level for 18 – 36 months
Flexibility to work various schedules including shift work
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Warren Equipment Company - 21 months ago