Provide Developmental Test and Evaluation (DT&E) and analytical support of Information Systems and Cyber Security programs to the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense (DASD) DT&E.
- Supports DT&E activities within OSD for the nation's high priority T&E, joint testing, program assessments, policy and guidance, and education and training.
- Monitor the progress of INFORMATION SYSTEMS and CYBER programs with service and OSD staffs, program offices, and contractors to ensure adequacy and thoroughness of DT&E. Review and evaluate Test and Evaluation Strategies, Test and Evaluation Master Plans, system-level and/or detailed test plans.
- Evaluate test results, schedules, resources, and technological risks for program reviews to include Defense Acquisition Boards. Recommend DT&E policy change proposals for DoD acquisition policy efforts.
- Advise DASD(DT&E) on technical management aspects of policies, programs, and alternatives as they relate to DoD DT&E issues for assigned programs.
- Represents DASD (DT&E) to other OSD offices and Service acquisition managers.
Master of Science degree, plus 10 years of experience direct experience in system testing of information systems. Candidates with a Bachelor of Science degree and 14 years of experience also will be considered.
- Experience must be in the DoD acquisition process, test and evaluation, systems analysis, related discipline, and/or military/DoD civilian areas.
Subject matter expert in test and evaluation of DoD Information Systems and Cyber Security programs; software development, and T&E policy.
- Experience with the DoD acquisition system; ability to quickly draft technical issue papers, staff summaries, memoranda, and briefings, including translating program technical issues into executive-level terms for senior decision makers and government staff assistants.
- Experience with enterprise-level applications, including Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Electronic Data Interchange, Configuration Management, data warehouses and ERP applications is strongly desired. Hands on experience with functional and technical requirements testing, performance testing, system interface testing, and security testing.
- Ability to prepare and present evaluation/assessment of test results to senior decision makers. Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience with Service and OSD-level operating practices, Joint Staff, Service Component Headquarters, program office relationships and T&E execution organizations; knowledge of the functions and practices of the OSD organization and its responsibility for oversight of major defense acquisition programs.
- Excellent command and proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite.
Experience with developmental, joint, and operational test and evaluation. Senior staff experience, preferably on the OSD, Joint, or a Service staff. DAWIA Level 3 Certification in Test and Evaluation. Pentagon and Test Agency experience preferred.
Indeed - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard