Manages and provides skilled occupational therapy to patients/clients with a wide variety of diagnoses and disabilities, taking into account individual patient's special physical or age-related needs. Requires skills in patient/client evaluation and treatment, as well as professional consultations to achieve maximum patient/client independence in accordance with individual’s functional level and potential. Performs all duties in a manner which promotes team concept and reflects the Silverton Health mission and philosophy. Works directly with rehabilitation department staff, ancillary personnel, and physicians. Communicates with patients, families/caregivers, insurers, and other health care workers/ personnel.
This position is offered through a joint venture with PT Northwest. Please visit PT Northwest at http://www.ptnorthwest.com/careers.php for more information and to apply.
- Bachelors/Masters or Doctorate degree or equivalent from an accredited Occupational Therapy Program - required.
- Current Occupational Therapy licensure through the State of Oregon - required.
- Occasionally a position will require specialized Occupational Therapy training or experience to meet a particular department need.
- AHA BLS required.
- Must be able to travel between sites in a timely manner as assigned.
- Knowledge of currently accepted occupational therapy theory and practice, and associated legal and ethical issues.
- Solid communication, organization, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to operate equipment available in the Occupational Therapy department.
- Ability to use Rehabilitation computerized documentation, billing and e-mail software programs.
Silverton Health is located in the heart of Oregon's Willamette Valley, just 20 minutes east of Salem, our state capital and 45 minutes from...