Altran is a comprehensive engineering consulting firm that leverages innovative technologies and industry knowledge to help companies enhance their business and effectively manage their assets. Our goal is to seek out answers to our customer's critical engineering challenges and provide them with a framework that encourages innovative thinking, promotes operational efficiencies, and delivers results to their bottom lines. Our growth oriented team of professionals in North America work closely with utilities, power generation & delivery companies as well as commercial and industrial firms. Altran was recognized in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 by Engineering News Records as part of the Top ENR 500 Design firms. Altran is a wholly-owned division of the Altran Group (Altran Technologies), the European leader in Innovation and Technology consulting. In 2011, the Group’s revenue reached over $2 billion with 17,261 professionals serving clients and improving efficiencies in 20 countries.
Responsible for applying electrical and electronic engineering principles for various electric utility related projects involving power plants, power delivery systems and other related projects.
• Create and validate electrical design calculations for electrical loads, short circuit and device coordination studies.
• Calculate voltage drop and other electrical anomalies utilizing standard electrical engineering software in accordance with applicable codes.
• Responsible for designing, adapting and modifying engineering and electrical components, controls and calculations related to the power industry for compliance with the U.S. market.
• Writing specifications and using standard electrical engineering software for electrical components according to system requirements.
• Validating electrical components and preparing engineering test reports for management review.
Altran - 30+ days ago
Altran is a comprehensive engineering consulting firm that leverages innovative technologies and industry knowledge to help companies enhanc...