Perform daily administration tasks with Novell eDirectory and Microsoft Active Directory (user accounts, access control); tape backup, restore, and rotation; server hardware and OS install, maintenance, and support for local and remote servers; hardware diagnosis, troubleshooting, and repair; end-user support; and special projects as needed. Position may require additional/flexible hours to accommodate maintenance windows and will require participation in on-call rotation with pager or cell-phone.
At least 5 years hands-on experience installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting with the following:
-All aspects of server hardware (primarily HP), external disk, and tape drives/auto-changers (rack-mounting, firmware updates, RAID arrays, component replacement/upgrade, blade servers and chassis, etc).
- Server operating systems to include:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and/or 2008 (MCITP Enterprise Administrator or Server Administrator preferred) with Microsoft Active Directory (with a large global tree) and group policy.
- Novell Netware 6 and/or Novell Open Enterprise Server II on SUSE LINUX (CNE/MCNE preferred) with Novell eDirectory (with a large global tree) and iPrint.
- VMware ESX/ESXi
- CA ARCserve r9 or above (preferably r11+) in Novell, Microsoft, and LINUX implementations.
- Server based enterprise anti-virus applications
- At least 1 year experience with server virtualization (VMware ESX 3 or above) with SAN storage.
- Knowledge and experience with the following:
Communications via TCP/IP
DNS and DHCP
Configuring printers for network attachment/printing
Not required, however any knowledge or experience with the following is beneficial:
Cisco UCS blade server hardware
HP System Insight Manager
Other monitoring or alerting tools
JRB Tools for Novell and Microsoft Windows.
Atos Origin - 23 months ago