About the Port Authority
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is a bi-state public agency operating some of the busiest and most important transportation links in the New York / New Jersey region including The Port Authority Trans Hudson Corporation (PATH), the primary transit link between Manhattan and New Jersey communities and suburban commuter railroads.
The successful candidate will be accountable for the following, non-exhaustive list of responsibilities:
* Maintain knowledge of grant programs in order to interact with FEMA's Regional Public Assistance Program as well as the Public Assistance Programs in New Jersey and New York.
* Work with local, state, and federal officials to identify disaster related damages, perform site inspections, and document damages.
* Assist with the development of project scopes of work and review for accuracy and eligibility, provide technical assistance and ensure regulatory compliance, track deadlines and process extension requests, identify Improved and Alternate Projects, review Special Considerations and perform insurance reviews on permanent repair projects, and review committed disaster funds, including authorizations, tracking, and management of funds.
* Responsible for advice and guidance concerning the full range of grants, agreements, disaster assistance determinations and other Public Assistance programs.
* Work on diverse tasks, analyzing data and exercising independent judgment when creating recommendations regarding FEMA PA Project Worksheets for category A-G disaster-related activities and FHWA Detailed Damage Inspection Reports (DDIR).
* Advise management and staff on matters concerning grants and cooperative agreements with Federal, State, and local (non-federal) agencies, memoranda of understanding, and relevant laws and regulations.
* Perform assignments as required by the Director, Office of Emergency Management.
* Must be available on short notice to perform task for long periods of time and of a physical hardship
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
* Bachelor's Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Emergency Management or other related field of study from an accredited college or university
* At least seven (7) years of work experience with working knowledge of federal grant programs, specifically FEMA Public Assistance, including related statutes, regulations, policies, and processes.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
* Master's Degree in Public Administration, Business
Administration, Emergency Management or other related field of study from an
accredited college or university preferred.
* Have knowledge and demonstrated experience with Public
Assistance eligibility, laws, federal regulations and policies governing Public
* Demonstrated field experience acting as program manager
for public assistance programs and interfacing with program personnel.
* Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work under
* Demonstrated experience managing a team of direct reports,
including contractors and consultants.
* Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
* Proficiency with the various programs within the Microsoft
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job ID # 16368
CareerBuilder - 8 months ago