• Develop and provide leadership to the Operations personnel effectively utilizing all of the monitoring tools available in the NOC to properly plan and meet the SLA’s that are established with Global Payments’ customer base.
• Assist in the development and implementation of solutions to problems potentially affecting the flow of real time transactions and support of customers.
• Plan and implement activities related to the timely, cost-effective procurement, planning and quality control of production batch processing. Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and material control systems to reduce costs, streamline procedures, and implement solutions.
• Play major role in the enhancement of improved communication and smooth interface between departments and individuals regarding plans, programs or problems.
• Select, develop, and evaluate employees to ensure an efficient departmental operation.
• Directly supervise and manage the daily activities of several salaried employees. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the NOC on their respective shift.
• Carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Perform other duties as required/assigned
• Bachelor's Degree preferred; IT or related field (Extensive work experience may be considered in lieu of education alone.)
• Minimum of 7-10 years of similar experience as an Operation/Production Control Manager - NOC - Network Operations Center.
• Track record of successful project management, dedication to continuous improvement, and team experience required
• Proven track record of increased management responsibilities required
• Experience using personal computer skills in a networked environment required, Microsoft products preferred
• Proven ability in successfully managing a group of direct reports required
Required Qualifications Only:
SCOPE: Establish operational objectives and work plans, and delegate’s assignments to subordinates and involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies that affect immediate operations(s) and may also have company-wide effect.
JOB COMPLEXITY: Work on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives, as well as an understanding of company policies. Implement strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Establish and assure adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans and performance requirements.
DISCRETION: Erroneous decisions will have negative affect on Global Payments customer base and may jeopardize overall business activities.
INTERACTION: Regularly interact with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers and will require the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship.
SUPERVISION: Manage & execute activities of all sections or departments with full accountability in terms of costs, methods, and staffing. In some instances, may be responsible for managing staff function and may not have subordinate managers.
Global Payments - 17 months ago
Go ahead -- Chaaaaaarge! And when you do, Global Payments will do what it does to ensure a seamless transaction. The company provides credit...