Provides a ll legal services required to establish paternity a nd child support orders, a nd to enforce existing orders.
Provides legal services to establish paternity a nd to establish, modify, a nd enforce child support orders.
Recommends a nd reviews legal a ctions on cases.
Participates in court hearings.
Drafts a nd reviews legal documents.
Provides direction to legal support staff in the preparation of cases for court.
May have program management responsibility, including management of a site’s budget a nd operations.
This position provides a ll legal services for child support offices.
A dditional Education Required:
Juris doctorate a nd a license to practice law in the a pplicable state.
A dditional Experience Required:
Two (2) years experience practicing domestic relations, child support enforcement, family law, a nd/or a s a prosecutor. Supervisory experience preferred.
Must be a ble to communicate effectively a nd professionally, verbally a nd in writing, to a ll levels in the organization.
MAXIMUS (NYSE:MMS) is a leading health a nd human services a dministrator for governments in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada a nd A ustralia. We deliver a dministrative solutions to improve the cost effectiveness, efficiency a nd quality of government-sponsored benefit programs a cross the globe. Operating under our founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People ®, we have more than 7,000 employees located in more than 220 offices worldwide. MAXIMUS is a n A ffirmative A ction a nd Equal Opportunity employer.
Education Required: Bachelors Degree from a n a ccredited college or university or equivalent experience
Technical Skills / Knowledge Required: Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word a nd Excel)
Subject Matter Expertise/Experience Required: Four years related experience in either healthcare, human services, public finance, education a nd or technology
Subject Matter Expertise/Experience Preferred: Four to eight years Professional services consulting experience
Personal/Soft Skills: Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, a nd written communication skills, a bility to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline oriented work environment, a bility to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously, a bility to build relationships with external cliental a nd a bility to work a s a team member, a s well a s independently
1. Supports projects/initiatives by producing project deliverables which fall within scope of work requirements
2. Recommends changes to project/specific initiatives
3. Works on issues where a nalysis of situation of data requires review of relevant factors: Exercises judgment within defined procedures a nd policies to determine a ppropriate a ction
4. Gains cooperation of a ll project stakeholders
5. Participates in client meetings; develops trust, credibility, a nd strong client relationships; a nd seeks opportunities to a dd value a bove a nd beyond competitors
6. A ttends Division a nd Corporate meetings a s requested a nd required
7. Responds to client inquires a nd concerns
8. Conduct presentations of technical information concerning specific projects or schedules
9. Performs other duties a s may be a ssigned by management
MAXIMUS offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
Healthcare Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
Short a nd Long Term Disability Insurance
Life/ A ccident Insurance
Flexible Spending A ccounts (FSA)
401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
Our benefit program a lso includes paid holidays, PTO, tuition reimbursement, a nd supplemental insurance (pet ins., a uto ins., legal plan, long-term care ins, a nd credit union).
MAXIMUS - 18 months ago
MAXIMUS (NYSE:MMS) is a leading health and human services administrator for governments in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada and...