Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leads the procurement and supply chain team to ensure safe and high quality supplies and materials are delivered on time and at a fair and reasonable cost
- Develop and implement a supply chain infrastructure that leverages systems and business processes to optimize supplier management, purchase order/fulfillment activities, inventory management, and transportation operations.
- Ensures continuity of supply, supply quality, and optimal material flow to support multi-site operations.
- Develop, lead and implement sourcing initiatives to reduce cost and provide year-on-year cost improvement in collaboration with the Supply Chain Organization and various functional groups.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies, negotiate contracts and supply agreements for Site specific commodities & services in collaboration with other functional business departments.
- Continuously improve the strategic supply base through active supplier management.
- Ensure compliance with purchasing policies and procedures, ethical practices, Code of Conduct and adherence to relevant laws and regulations.
- Responsible for Sarbanes – Oxley documentation for the Procurement effort
- Makes presentations as required to all levels of personnel
- Stays abreast of Contract Law and innovative supply chain solutions
- Other duties as assigned
- All duties are to be performed in accordance with Chesapeake’s Environmental, Health and Safety Guidelines
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Demonstrate basic computer knowledge through effective use of a personal computer including Microsoft Office applications. Able to learn company specific applications.
Any associate who drives a company or personal vehicle for Company business must possess a valid driver licenses and follow all guidelines that are outlined in the Company’s Fleet Policy.
Strong knowledge of procurement practices.
Extensive knowledge purchasing and inventory management systems.
Excellent and proven negotiator.
Ability to develop and apply strategy and tactics to solve complex supply chain problems.
Excellent communication skills.
Superior analytical and problem solving skills.
The ability to handle complex source selection and negotiation situations.
Ability to function well under pressure. Organized and able to attain results on several projects simultaneously.
Flexible/ability to adapt to changing requirements and priorities.
Dedicated and willing to expend effort to meet schedules and deadlines.
Willingness and ability to assume increased responsibility.
Education & Work Experience required
- Minimum Requirements:
Bachelor of Science or Administration degree in Management, Finance, Procurement or equivalent work experience.
10 years of procurement and supply chain work experience.
Thorough knowledge of procurement processes and procedures.
Masters in Business Administration
Significant experience as a supervisor or manager
- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and other external contacts.