As Environmental Health & Safety / ISO Specialist , you will report to the Manager of Quality and will have direct responsibilities for the initiation and upkeep of Corporate Heath/Safety and Environmental Affairs along with Quality Systems ISO9001 and Environmental Systems ISO14001. This position is responsible for the development, implementation and administration of all site specific health, safety and environmental programs, Quality, and Environmental Systems. Integrity on compliance is paramount.
Specific Duties Include:
• Lead incident and problem investigations, documentation and reporting.
• Conduct, document and maintain records of regulatory compliance inspections, and reporting.
• Coordinate all site specific monitoring programs.
• Complete other assignments as directed by the Manager of Quality.
• Identify and evaluate hazards and recommend corrective action
• Lead internal auditing of safety, environmental, and Quality programs
• Assist all levels of plant supervision in resolving safety and environmental issues
• Ensure recognition and compliance with all applicable OSHA standards
• Interact with effectively and routinely with the plant operations team
• Administer all medical and environmental surveillance testing.
• Specify and coordinate distribution and use of safety supplies including PPE
• Formulate and manage the development, implementation, and certification process of an ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System.
• Define quality procedures in conjunction with operating staff.
• Create and maintain controls and documentation of procedures.
• Ensure compliance with national and international standards and legislation.
• Facilitate comprehensive quality procedures with the agreement of all stakeholders.
• Audit for compliance and opportunity for improvement; trending data and analysis
Knowledg, Skills and Abilities
• Minimum Associate degree in Health & Safety Science, BS degree preferred. Five (3) years of applicable experience in manufacturing or industrial environment is a plus.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing an ISO 9001 certified Quality Management System to include initial certification.
• Candidate must be familiar with current and proposed federal, state, and local safety and health regulations
• Must be knowledgeable of current and proposed personal protective equipment requirements
• Must have competency in development of written procedures and instructions. Strong written and oral communication skills are necessary.
• Ability to interact with all levels of management and the hourly employees
• Able to make objective evaluations of safety problems and suggest abatement methods
• Able to recognize hazards and develop proper corrective action
• Physically and mentally fit to complete audits/investigations, including climbing in the plant, as necessary
• Possess no physical or mental limitations which restricts the use of personal protective equipment including respirators
• Preferred: Certification in ISO9001 Lead Auditor, CQM, CQE, CQA, Lean, etc.
More Than a Name
Behind the funny name, we're serious when it comes to designing fans. We call ourselves the Big Fan Experts because we have the most talented and dedicated engineering team in the big fan industry. We're not simply overgrown versions of a typical ceiling fan, our fans are designed and engineered to move large volumes of air in the most efficient, cost-effective way possible, but being big doesn't hurt.
With our new one-of-a-kind testing facility we have the ability to test our fans for a wide variety of applications. With mobile room dividers separating our 45,000 sq. ft., 60-ft. tall facility, we test everything from airflow rate, thrust force and air velocity to the structural integrity of each fan component. All parts must meet our rigorous specifications for integrity or they will not be used in our products, this includes everything from the nuts and bolts to specially designed gear boxes. To determine whether parts meet our standards, they must be able to withstand millions of rotations, starts and stops and numerous other stress tests. We maintain state-of-the-art testing software and hardware to make sure all of our fans meet and exceed the most current standards. Our dedication to testing and research is one of the reasons Big Ass Fans has long been considered the leading industry expert on the design and application of large fans.
All of this has led to Big Ass Fans growing at a tremendous rate over the last few years. You might say we're busting out of our britches. And we need the best people at all levels of our organization to continue beating the pants off the competition.
Big Ass Fan Company, the name says it all. Delta T Corporation, doing business as Big Ass Fans, makes six-to-24 foot diameter ceiling fans....