Business Banking Relationship Manager Trainee
M&T Bank is one of the few financial institutions to offer a robust training program for those looking to develop a career in commercial banking as a Relationship Manager. We are seeking top talent to join this unique 9-month training program, which is solely focused on developing successful Relationship Managers. The training is targeted to ensure that participants will learn commercial-specific job knowledge thoroughly and efficiently, so that trainees are well prepared to reach their goals quickly.
The RMSP will encompass a combination of structured classroom sessions, web-based, and on-the-job practical training.
tralized training and program oversight will be done in Baltimore, MD or another designated location and will include periodic travel to other locations.
During the program, all trainees will learn about the credit culture and commercial underwriting process while developing and refining relationship management skills. Trainees will be exposed to the banks sales culture when supporting commercial customer meetings.
Additionally, participants will develop call planning and execution skills.
Training will be customized to the position you are hired for: Business Banking or Commercial Banking (including Specialty Lending).
RMSP trainees will also receive a significant amount of exposure to senior management throughout the program. The candidate will begin in a support role assisting more senior Relationship Managers in their credit and underwriting process and managing customer relationships within the bank. Eventually, successful trainees will be assigned a portfolio as well as sales goals and expectations.
- A minimum of one year of sales-related experience with a demonstrated sales aptitude
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills, with prior knowledge of accounting principles
- An ability to balance priorities and exhibit organizational skills to manage both individual and multiple team priorities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of personnel using tact and diplomacy
- Ability and willingness to travel overnight extensively during program
- Must be proficient with MS Office software and able to quickly master the bank's technology and systems
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, economics or related business field, or MBA Degree
- Masters of Business Administration
- Previous experience in banking or financial services
- Experience in financial modeling
- Demonstrated history of volunteerism including contribution to community/civic organizations and causes
SELECT POSITIONS/MARKETS ONLY:
- Open and able to relocate to another location within the M&T footprint
Feb 1, 2013, 11:36:48 AM
M & T Bank - 22 months ago
M&T Bank is considered one of the country's most highly regarded regional banks. We were founded more than 150 years ago in Western New...