Physical Location: Manati Location: Advanced Instruments - PR
Location City: Manati Department/Function: Puerto Rico
State/Territory/Province: Puerto Rico Last updated: 6/19/13 12:54 PM
VWR International, LLC, headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is a global laboratory supply and distribution company with worldwide sales in excess of $4.1 billion in 2012. VWR enables the advancement of the world's most critical research through the distribution of a highly diversified product line to most of the world's top companies in the pharmaceutical, biotech, industrial, educational, governmental and healthcare industries. With 160 years of industry experience, VWR offers a well-established distribution network that reaches thousands of specialized labs and facilities spanning the globe. VWR has over 8,000 associates around the world working to streamline the way researchers across North America, Europe, and Asia stock and maintain their labs. In addition, VWR further supports its customers by providing onsite services, storeroom management, product procurement, supply chain systems integration and technical services.
In addition to being a part of a global organization, VWR offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits designed to help them stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected and balance the demands of work and home. VWR offers an outstanding benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, dental and life insurance; short- and long-term disability; EAP (employee assistance program); flexible spending account (FSA); holiday/vacation time; work/life balance programs; and education assistance.
At VWR, our associates are the framework of who we are and how we succeed. We value their accomplishments and offer long-lasting opportunities for growth and success. As a result, a substantial percentage of our associates have 10-, 20- and 30-year histories with VWR. Their loyalty reflects our ongoing commitment to offering great compensation, an engaging culture, and real opportunities for growth and success. VWR is a great place to work and we look forward to adding more outstanding members to our team.
Perform a variety of accounting functions in accordance with standard procedures. Reconciles statements, and compiles segment of monthly closings, reports etc.
- Calculates and completes Puerto Rico Tax Forms: Choferil, monthly 7% income tax return. Annual 7% income tax return (forms 680.A, 680.B.), annual merchant registry. Keeps "sales tax" files. In charge of monthly tax calendar.
- Performs various journal entries, account reconciliations, and provides General Ledger support. Updates forecast.
- In charge of generating daily pulsing metrics as defined.
- Monthly accounts reconciliations (15 accounts in total).
- Updates Certification of General Services - (needed for any government bid and agreement).
- Assists external auditors with preparing schedules and invoices, providing explanations of supporting materials and procedures, and preparing any other necessary data. AP Liaison - Performs accounts payable duties such as verifying all invoices for payment, ensuring that expenditures are charged to appropriate accounts. Codes documents according to company procedures.
- Manages and reconciles VWR AI Corporate Purchasing card.
- Researches and solves payment discrepancies. Communicates with internal and external customers and vendors by telephone and by mail to investigate complaints, verify accuracy of charges, or to correct errors in accounts.
- Operates computers programmed with accounting software to record, store, and analyze information.
- Assists in monthly closings. Assists Comptroller as necessary.
- Prepares analysis of accounts, as required.
- Calculates, prepares, and issues bills, invoices, account statements, and other financial statements according to established procedures.
- Compiles statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses.
- Accesses computerized financial information to answer general questions as well as those related to specific accounts.
- Performs filing, copying and other duties as assigned (IVU file).
- Interacts with associates, customers and vendors. Must be affable and warm maintaining and guarding for an atmosphere of cooperation, teamwork and respect even in moments of stress.
Experience & Skills:
- Solid understanding of the accounting cycle, process payments and tax law.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Clear written and verbal communications.
- Fully Bilingual (Clear written and verbal communications in both English and Spanish).
- Excellent communication and telephone skills.
- Proven problem solving skills.
- Possibility of free movement within VWR. Handle packages.
- Capacity to coordinate and handle multiples calls and tasks.
- High sense of logic and mathematical knowledge.
- Ability to read and interpret catalogs and pricing lists. Ability to work under pressure, as much of client and dates limits imposed by the Director.
- Ability to use fax, computer, photocopy machines, calculator.
- High school diploma required. Bachelors or Associate Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance preferable.
- One to three years’ experience in similar job.
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR maintains a drug free workplace
VWR International - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
VWR (NASDAQ: VWR), headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is a leading, independent provider of laboratory products, services and solutions...