Senior financial decision-maker with primary responsibility for analyzing the financial performance and growth opportunities for an affiliate and the Lines of Business. Responsible for assisting Affiliate CFO in developing action plans to sustain profitable growth for the Affiliate. Provides assistance to profit center managers in building business strategies to grow revenues, identify cost efficiencies, and increase profitability. Coordinates with the Bancorp Finance Division and Lines of Business to ensure consistency in reaching Bancorp financial goals. Prepares and analyzes yearly strategic plans, monthly budgets, and forecasts for the affiliate and the Lines of Business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes, fosters and maintains working relationships with peers and management within own affiliate and the Lines of Business, as well as to Bancorp Finance.
- Attends meetings with peers to maintain knowledge of current and emerging issues and risks in respective focus areas.
- Is an active participant in process improvement and problem resolution issues.
- Prepares and analyzes annual profit plan and rolling forecast for all line of business.
- Analyzes business performance, makes recommendations for improvements and measure progress. Success will be measured by outcomes. (i.e., business improvement)
- Works closely with the CFO to develop metrics and variance analysis of actual results for each Line of Business.
- Assists with the development of presentations and discussion documents to highlight business issues and opportunities.
- Creates and publishes graphic metrics to communicate business results and status.
- Generates forecasts and analyzes sales trends.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures.
- Anticipates and provides solutions to the most complex finance and accounting problems.
- Allocates and coordinates resources and handles personnel-related issues within the affiliate/LOB.
- Manages the planning and direction of departmental projects.
- Oversees the efficient operation and cost-effectiveness of operating systems and programs.
- Monitors and evaluates project progress and results to determine improvements in procedures needed to meet ultimate objectives.
- Provides training and guidance to other area managers of the Bank.
Education: College degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Economics, Certification: (CPA, MBA) preferred
Experience: Typically requires at least 5-7+ years of accounting, finance, or banking related experience. Strong financial planning experience required. Previous experience in multiple Fifth Third LOBs, ALCO, Corporate finance or related experience required. Industry - Banking or Financial Services preferred. Managerial - Supervisory Experience preferred. Computer/Technical - Proficient in basic spreadsheet applications such as Excel, Microsoft Word, etc. Demonstrate ability to learn and understand various computer systems.
Fifth Third Bank - 2 years ago
Fifth Third Bank is The curious bank. We are one of the top-performing banks in the country with a more-than-150-year heritage of success...