The Cent ral Processing Technician is an exciting and crucial position which works in collaboration with the Operating Room medical team. A technician has the responsibility to accurately decontaminate, inspect, assemble and sterilize instruments and surgical trays which are distributed to a surgical suite, emergency room or intensive care unit in a timely and accurate manner. The Central Processing technician also manages inventory control and orders supplies.
This vital role ensures that our patients are not exposed to infectious diseases by keeping the environment safe. A Central Processing Technician is a part of Intermountain Healthcares overall healing commitments.
Part time, 24 hours per week - Tuesday thru Friday, 11 am to close. Must be flexible with work hours as they are varied.
Starting salary: $11.05/hour - benefits eligible.
- Basic computer knowledge
- Must be comfortable working with safe disposal of blood and body fluid
- Required to receive the Heptavax vaccination series upon hiring
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relation skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and the ability to receive and give constructive feedback
- Excellent written communication skills (in English), being concise by phone, intercom and in person
- Self-motivated, able to work independently with little or no supervision
- Able to learn concepts and apply them to his/her work; excellent memorization skills
- Must be willing to take and pass an accepted Central Processing Technician Training Course within 6 months of hire or transfer
- Able to work standing
- Must be able to bend, twist, push, pull and lift up to 50 pounds without special equipment or assistance of others
- A Certified Registered CS Tech (CRCST)
- One or more years of hospital experience
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...