The Director of Donor Marketing (DDM) reports to the Vice President of Marketing and Communications. The DDM is responsible for creating and implementing key marketing strategies and programs for donor engagement, recognition and stewardship for both individual donors and corporate accounts. The main focus of the position is to retain and grow our relationships with individual donors. The Director must work in close collaboration within Marketing (department of 10) and with the Development Team. He/she is responsible for ensuring that all donor marketing materials and activities:
- Reflect an understanding of the target audience(s) needs, wants and attitudes
- Work to establish, build and maintain a relationship with the target audience(s)
- Strengthen the UWGLA brand and clearly and emotionally communicate the mission of Creating Pathways Out of Poverty (CPOP) with donors
- Generate increased donations to CPOP
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and implement year-round donor engagement strategies to strengthen UW's relationships with individual donors including but not limited to: timely thank you's, regular compelling content about our work, donor recognition correspondence and deliver of segmented benefits (Tocqueville Society, Women Leaders, Emerging Leaders, etc.); work closely with segment individual giving officers in Development.
- Produce compelling annual campaign collateral for use in the workplace by collaborating with Development Team (including results brochure, videos, success stories, powerpoint presentations and printed pieces)
- Reinforce UWGLA brand positioning among donors and ensure all communication efforts support the organization's marketing goals.
- Field and analyze donor research studies to uncover insights about donors beliefs and motivations, in order to improve marketing and engagement efforts.
- Manage database (CRM) tracking system and reporting related to marketing activities with donors: events, communications and other marketing activities
- Support Development Team by representing Marketing department in key account planning meetings and delivering recognizing corporate partners
- Collaborate with Director of Communications to ensure marketing efforts to donors are consistent with organizational communication priorities
- Collaborate with Director of Events to provide marketing support for segment and mass events
- Manage (staff of at least ) a marketing coordinator.
- Minimum 8-10 years' experience in marketing, direct marketing, loyalty/retention marketing or customer relationship marketing; non-profit fundraising (or marketing) experience a plus
- Demonstrated strategic marketing and operational planning; determines short and long term strategies for meeting goals and prioritizes limited resources accordingly
- Must haveStrong analytical skills, database management experience. (a plus)
- Outstanding written communication skills and a strong eye for design
- Collaborative management style which builds cross-functional alliances within and outside the organization
- Highly proactive, results driven with strong work ethic and high level of integrity
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, and team-player
- B.A. or B.S. or equivalent required, Masters in Business Administration a plus
- Working knowledgeof a CSM systempreferred.
idealist.org - 12 months ago