Perform all duties associated with the on-air operation of KQED FM and KQEI FM. This is a regular part-time position.
- Perform all duties associated with the on-air operation duties.
- Operate radio broadcast and production Master Control equipment, including but not limited to: audio consoles, microphones, file-based digital production/play out/delivery systems, audio distribution/routing systems, IP over satellite, ISDN/telephony, and remote transmitters.
- Maintain transmitter and programming logs.
- Produce/engineer live newscasts, live pledge segments, pre-recorded station breaks, and other production as assigned.
- Adhere to FCC rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Extensive radio broadcast announcing experience in a combo operation.
- Extensive experience with digital/analog broadcast equipment.
- Digital audio production and editing experience.
- Working knowledge of audio signal flow.
- Working knowledge of the Windows operating system.
- Good announcing technique and delivery.
- Experience with FCC rules compliance in a radio broadcast environment.
- Experience in news and information format preferred.
- News-reading ability.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
KQED operates KQED Public Television 9, the nation's most-watched public television station and Digital Television 9, Northern California's...