In collaboration with the healthcare team, assists physicians/providers in the delivery of patient care working within the scope of practice for a Medical Office Assistant.
1. Prepares patients for examination and treatment. Takes and records patient history and vital signs.
2. Prepares exam and treatment rooms; select, setup and maintain medical supplies and equipment for all examinations and procedures.
3. Givens injections and applies splints and dressings under physician orders. Simple wound management.
4. Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
5. Assist in scheduling patients for tests, initial and follow up appointments.
6. Maintains patient files, records, and other information including entry of data into electronic medical record.
7. Provides phone assessment of patient to appropriate clinical staff and/or physician.
8. Collaborates with a variety of personnel and departments to ensure smooth clinic operations.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
' High school diploma or equivalent required.
' Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant or Medical Office Assistant program is required. An approved educational program/course of study that allows caregiver to sit for the MOA certification exam will be considered (e.g. Associate's degree in Allied Health).
' One year experience in a medical office preferred.
' Current certification for Medical Office Assistant or Medical Assistant or must receive certification within 12 months from the hire date.
' Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
' Familiarity with desktop computing tools, multi-line phone systems and insurance billing preferred. Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient's needs.
' Ability to maintain patient privacy and confidentiality
' Ability to collaborate with other multi-disciplinary team members
' Proficiency in the use of computer and office equipment
' Ability to efficiently manage time and prioritize multiple tasks
' Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
' Current certification for Medical Office Assistant or Medical Assistant is preferred, but not required.
To learn more about PeaceHealth, please visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn !
PeaceHealth - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and...