Role: Linux (SUSE) Administrator
Location: Bentonville , AR
Duration: Long Term
Start Date: ASAP
- Skilled Linux (SuSE) administrator to assist in the support of a large retail customers growing linux environment.
- Analyze technical problems & create solutions involving the use of existing techniques or tools.
- Will be responsible for daily linux admin/support duties, which would include on call support, pager, and third shift rotation as well as proactive monitoring & skills transfer.
- Good Customer Support
- Good Verbal and Written Communication
- Good Troubleshooting and Analytical Skills
- Good understanding of networking
- Rollout and project management experience
The selected Linux Support Engineer will provide focused Linux Software Technical Support on the following: -
- System X Hardware (Blade/Blade Center) a plus
- Linux OS (Suse 10x/11x) Administration/Support
- Linux Monitoring
- Debugging Skills
- Korn/BASH Shell Scripting
- RPM Packaging
- Day to day administration
- Networking, TCP/IP
- OS Updates
- Virtualization software (Xen)
- Storage - iscsi, SAS, drbd
- React to fix field escalated issues promptly
- Develop and validate bug fixes
- Interface closely with development for short and long-term software fixes
- Education/Mentoring of other team members
About Systel - Systel Inc. is one of the leading providers of Information Technology Services with offices distributed globally. Systel has combined group strength of 300+ strong resource base deployed in Fortune 500 companies across the globe for more than a decade in ERP, BI, IMS, Web and Content Management technologies. SYSTEL INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
ERPCareer.com - 18 months ago