Working with the Camp Staff Leadership Team to:
- Participate in pre-camp training.
- Review all camper and camp staff dietary forms and health records as they pertain to nutritional needs prior to camp.
- Comply with staff personnel policies.
- Comply with camp medical procedures.
- Prior to camp, work with the Nutrition Director and/or Food Service Director to develop appropriate menus for the camp session.
- Assist with camper blood testing, treatment of mild hypoglycemia.
Assist other medical staff with treatment of moderate/severe hypoglycemia.
- Consults with Nursing Director, Medical Director and Nutrition Director regularly during camp session.
- If serving as Nutrition Director, meet daily with the Food Service Director to review menus and menu changes.
- Ensure the health and safety of all campers.
- Assist with camper and staff health emergencies including accidents, high and low blood sugars.
- At the direction of the Medical Director, assists with the care of special dietary needs of campers. (Celiac, food allergies, etc.)
- Assist with the screening of camp staff and campers upon arrival at camp.
- Respond promptly to medical concerns, including accidents and low blood sugars.
- Participate in general camp schedule of activities.
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Report all incidents and accidents immediately to the Camp Director, and cooperate in the completion of required follow-up, Incident/Accident Report.
- Other duties as assigned by the Medical Director.
- Adjust campers’ meal plans as needed during camp in consultation with the Medical Director and Nutrition Director.
- Registered Dietitian, (CDE preferred) or Master’s Degree in Nutrition
- Experience in diabetes management and education.
- Demonstrated ability to work with children.
- Readiness and ability to adapt to camp environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as a team member.
- Willingness to reside on campsite for entire camp period.
Get ready for the experience of your lifetime and embrace the life changing adventure of Diabetes Camp.
"Together we can Stop Diabetes"
The American Diabetes Association (www.diabetes.org) is the nation's premier voluntary health organization supporting diabetes research,...