BEYOND TRADITION AT PUBLIX
Because you seek to make a career out of caring, consider joining our award-winning Pharmacy team! We are one of only 13 companies to make it on FORTUNE’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list every year since its inception. Publix provides pharmacy services in more than 920 stores in the Southeast and as a Publix Pharmacist, you'll see how very satisfying it is to work for a company that is passionately devoted to its customers, to its associates, and to the wellness of the communities it serves. It's equally rewarding to work for a company widely recognized as a leader in the supermarket industry. Your passion for health and wellness, combined with our reputation and commitment to excellence are what sets Publix apart from the crowd.
TITLE: Assistant Pharmacy Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: The Assistant Pharmacy Manager is responsible for assisting in the management of a quality Pharmacy department and dispensing medications. This includes being responsible for operations and customer satisfaction in the Pharmacy, in the absence of the Pharmacy Manager.
- Practices pharmacy in compliance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations, as well as Publix’s policies
- Works with the Pharmacy Manager to improve operations, sales and profitability
- Participates in programs to provide community pharmacy services, such as health screenings, immunizations, diabetes management and Medication Therapy Management
- Provides leadership to the Pharmacy team and assists with the daily operations of the pharmacy department
- Oversees the ordering and quality of inventory to meet customer demand and maximize gross profit
- Works with the Pharmacy Manager to meet departmental performance goals, including sales, item count, customer count and utilizing customer service programs such as auto-refill, web and phone refill requests, and outbound calling
- Ensures customer satisfaction, maintains working relationships with physicians and other health care professionals
- Compounds and dispenses prescribed medications, drugs, and other pharmaceuticals for patient care, according to professional standards and state and federal legal requirements
- Reviews prescriptions issued by a physician or other authorized prescriber, to assure accuracy and determine the formulas and ingredients needed
- Compounds medications using standard formulas and processes, such as weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients
- Directs pharmacy staff engaged in mixing, packaging, and labeling medications
- Complies with all record keeping requirements for controlled substances
- Answers questions and provides information to pharmacy customers on drug interactions, side effects, dosage, and storage of pharmaceuticals
- Instructs interns and other health care professionals on matters pertaining to pharmacy
- Reinforces sanitation, security and safety guidelines
Candidates with previous experience working as a Pharmacist In Charge (PIC) or Executive Pharmacist are highly preferred
- B.S. in Pharmacy or Pharmacy Doctorate Degree
- Have and maintain an unrestricted state pharmacist license
What Makes us Different ?
Our pharmacists administer influenza, pneumococcal and other vaccinations’ to patients where permitted by law
We provide diabetes education to patients and offer our pharmacists opportunities to build a diabetes practice
- DIABETES MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Publix pharmacists provide comprehensive medication reviews and extensive counseling to patients while receiving reimbursement for clinical services
- MEDICATION THERAPHY MANAGEMENT
We serve as preceptors during introductory and or advanced practice experiences
- PRECEPTOR OPPORTUNITIES WITH VARIOUS SCHOOLS OF PHARMACY
We provide opportunities to participate in health/wellness fairs, screening programs and educational classes
- COMMUNITY OUTREACH PROGRAMS
We provide several risk assessment and screening services
- POINT OF CARE SCREENING SERVICES
JOIN OUR TEAM!
We want your career to be with Publix Pharmacy. Join the team that pharmacists and patients feel good about.
To apply visit our online application center , and discover the reputation, the support and the difference in a career that's all Publix.
Publix is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Careers at Publix
If you think shopping at Publix is a pleasure, try working here!
It's very satisfying to work for – and to be...